Jump to content

Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Create a sign-in account to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you can create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in.
FIRST-TIME USERS: For your login to carry over to the Forums, you must first sign in on the FMCA.com main site, log out, and then sign in again.

- - - - -

Las Cruces

Posted by Frankturman, 08 November 2010 · 314 views

We moved north out of Gallup N.M., to the town of Farmington to attend the Rocky Mountain FMCA Area Rally. This was a nice event held at the Fairgrounds, where we had electrical and water hookups. The rally was relatively small, only about 330 coaches, but was well-run. We had a great time and met a lot of wonderful people. While we were at the rally we discovered that our refrigerator was going bad again.

We departed Farmington on Sunday for Albuquerque with the plan of having the annual service preformed on our motor home. En route about 30 miles from our destination the dash board lit up and all kinds of warning lights came on. It seems we had blown a coolant hose and antifreeze was coming out all over the place.

To make a long story short, we ended up being towed in the last 30 miles and spending the night in the motor home in the parking lot of the local Cummins dealer. Thank goodness for great roadside services -- the cost of the tow was covered by them as part of our coverage. The Cummins people had us up and running on Monday but needed an extra day to finish the service because of the extra repairs.

With the coach fixed we were able to concentrate on getting the fridge repaired. We contacted a dealer in the local area and were able to get the diagnosis completed and the parts ordered. We were able to stay in the coach and found space at Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque while we awaited the arrival of our parts. All in all, we spent a little over two weeks waiting for the repair work to be completed. We were able to see all of the sites in Albuquerque and the surrounding area.

Following our ordeal we moved to Las Cruces, N.M. for five days, mostly to catch up with our mail and spend a few days in this area. Tomorrow we depart for Texas. We have not decided a location yet, so we may just wing it for a while.

  • 0

February 2016

78 9 10111213

Recent Entries

Recent Comments