All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I know you are looking forward to getting on the road. I don't think the old oil will cause a problem, just change it and you are good to go. Bill
  3. Go to a ''real'' battery shop and ask them. I got my last house and starter batteries at Interstate. The house batteries have a three year full replacement warranty.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Wanting to see what AWG cable size is recommended when adding additional 6 volt batteries to an existing battery set. Currently have two 6 volt 210ah batteries that need replacing and I want to add two more. I fully understand the series/parallel wiring arrangement needed for the four batteries, but have no clear idea whether to go with 2 AWG, 4 AWG other sized cables for the new connections involved. What’s the best selection?
  6. Last week
  7. I'd love to_but after sitting for 2 years the inside is terribly dirty. The final repair item, the dash is broken where the front cap was jammed up into it, is yet to be repaired. I'm amazed it didn't break the windshield, it just caused a small leak at the top. Then we can bring it home for spring cleaning. I"ve yet to change the oil N filter, it's now been 3 years since the last service. we stayed home during the pandemic, then wintered in Ft. Myers Beach 21/22 winter, and on the way home the damage occurred. So that motor oil has about 4,000 miles on it.. I'm hoping by Labor Day we can have everything ready to go for a "walkabout", as it's called in AU.
  8. Can you see the rollers using a mirror and flashlight? I would look for bent or broken rollers or the shaft they are on. Look for how they are attached. Bill
  9. Finally!!! Body work completed, new awning installed but wrong color. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Progressive denied replacing the damaged inverter, saying they would not replace an obsolete unit, for which there are no repair parts, and. the RV repair shop wanted too much money to replace the inverter with a new inverter. I really can't blame Progressive, the repair shop quoted $4,000 to replace the Xantrex RS2,000W inverter. Hodges Marine is selling the current direct replacement Xantrex 2012 model for $1,537.
  10. FWIW, when I had slide room problems with a new 5er we bought. The selling dealer flat told me, our technicians so seldom work on slide room mechanisms they cannot retain their skills of working on them. I recommend you take your RV to the factory service dept. for proper adjustment and repairs. I did, and everything was repaired properly; I never had another problem after the factory work was completed. Yes it was a long drive, but when we arrived they had RV parking W/elec. outside the repair facility. After their work day was done, they moved my RV to one of those sites. Next morning they came got it. Two days later I was on my way home.
  11. Now that I think about it, I don't believe I can get the rail out without removing the slide from the RV. The wall of the slide hangs down and blocks the rail from coming out.
  12. Just got the parts diagram from Fleetwood and there are rollers on the very end of the slide rail. Perhaps they are broken and allowing the end of the rail to move up at the end of the extensions. It's the area B below
  13. Hey Bill, thanks for responding. I can't see any way to adjust anything other than the bracket that attaches to the outside of the slide, and it is adjusted all the way up. I was thinking maybe the Roller wheels are worn down, there are two sets of them on each rail. One set near the drive gear and another set half way out the rail to the outside of the slide. The other thought I had was that the inner slide rail has some sort of shim on the end to prevent it from tilting as it moves out out the outer slide tube. I might go ahead and support the slide and remove the inner slide rail to see if there is something there. Not having much luck with Fleetwood answering my questions.
  14. Interesting, can you adjust it so it doesn't tilt? Bill
  15. Hi all, I am new to the forum and mostly read other posts for information, but now I am hoping someone can help me with a problem. I have a 2006 Fleetwood Expedition 34H and the living room slide is having an issue when fully extended. This slide is the one that is over the floor and drops down when extended. Just recently, when I tried to retract the slide, the side behind the driver's seat moved fine, but the other side below the fridge would not move and I could here clicking noises. I spent a lot of time under the slide and found that the drive gear on the outer rail to the back of the coach was not fully seated in the teeth when the slide is extended. If I jack that side of slide up the gear becomes fully engaged and I can retract the slide normally. So it appears the slide rail is tipping slightly toward the outside causing the rail to lift slightly and the gear to not be fully engaged. Anyone else have this issue, or does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
  16. I found it. Just happened to get an email about FMCA University. First article was about Stoppin' Spots! Find other FMCA Members for Stoppin' Spots! Perfect! Thanks you!!!
  17. Welcome to the forum. I would look on the main website or call the main office. They may not be back from AZ yet. Bill
  18. Looking for info on park & stay???? Where FMCA members offer their property like a harvest host to other Fmca members. Anyone know how to find them and what it's called?
  19. Which level of 5G is available there? It if's low-band, why spend the money to switch?? 4G is going to be here for decades yet. The Major carriers say they will keep 4G until 5G (and its 3 levels) is available nationwide. Then again, It's your money to spend as you wish.
  20. I know all that. Where I stay has T-Mobile 5g towers. I used to have Sprint and always hit 5g. Besides that on AT&T I've only been getting downloads of 11 to 15, once I hit 19.
  21. You do realize 5G is only actually available in cities and population centers, due to antenna requirements. Quote: "Low-band 5G is a blanket layer for nationwide coverage, and is slightly faster than 4G LTE. Mid-band 5G tends to be available in major metro areas, and its data speeds can be up to 6x faster than 4G. High-band 5G can be 10x faster than 4G LTE. To receive this service, a consumer needs to be very close to a tower. We believe the best 5G map is one that shows where users are actually receiving 100Mbps consistently." source: https://broadbandnow.com/national-5g-coverage-map
  22. I'm thinking of switching because AT&T is only 4g LTE. The T-Mobile plan is 4g LTE and 5g.
  23. Camping World- the cancer that just keeps spreading
  24. We drove to the RV body shop today and inspected the front cap work. It looks really nice, but they forgot the Ultimate Freedom decal on the generator door. Jumping back to their personnel problems. Today it was explained to me. Camping World had came in and replaced the old RV techs with their own techs and staff. CW even took the liberty of changing the old RV sales and service name to CW on all the internet search engines. This was before the deal was final, and the family that owns the business cancelled the deal and threw CW out. Then the family had to find and hire their old techs back, and when the CW service writers left they didn't leave any files on the computers. The woman in charge of the service dept. said she had about 30 RV's of all types but not even names of the owners, let alone why they were there. She had to run the license plates through DMV to get owner names and addresses. For me that locked the door. Now the only time I'll stop at a CW(super) store is for free over-night parking w/ elec.
  25. Tell us how you like it and why you think it is better. Bill
  26. I'm thinking of switching my TechConnect+ AT&T hotspot to their new T-Mobile plan. I was wondering if anyone has gone to the T-Mobile plan and how do you like it.
  1. Load more activity