Sign in to follow this  
fratzalas

Allison Transmission Lines, Filters?

Hello,

I have an Allison HT740 Transmission.

Can anybody tell me from the picture that I have attached ... what are those oil (probably) lines that are above the oil drain plug? From the oil pan? This picture is the rear view of the transmission.

There are also some wires (probably give electricity) there and I don't know what they are for!

Most of these transmissions do not have those things.

So, can anybody help me?

Chris

post-34922-0-63822300-1394042953_thumb.j

Give Allison a call and ask if you can send them the photo along with transmission serial number.

Allison help line 800 252 5283

My last coach a 1993 had external filter for the Allison transmission. I would get the numbers off those two filters and Google them and see what they are for.

Ray,

What transmission did your 1993 have? Curious because the 6 speed 3000 and 4000 both have two internal filters. So, no way to get part numbers off them without dropping the filter covers.

What is the transmission out of? I have seen many HT740's over time, with many confiurations, it was used by MCI in coaches, dump trucks, garbage trucks, and hundreds of other applications. It probably is not a cooler system, but could be used by some type of shifter mechanism, or almost any other add on, such as, but probably not a banks system.

What is the transmission out of? I have seen many HT740's over time, with many confiurations, it was used by MCI in coaches, dump trucks, garbage trucks, and hundreds of other applications. It probably is not a cooler system, but could be used by some type of shifter mechanism, or almost any other add on, such as, but probably not a banks system.

It is from firetruck

Ray,

What transmission did your 1993 have? Curious because the 6 speed 3000 and 4000 both have two internal filters. So, no way to get part numbers off them without dropping the filter covers.

It was a 4 speed with TC lock in 3rd and 4th a 545 or something like that. Big oil pan that you have to drop with one internal filter and one external filter that went to radiator cooler. PITA cause you had to unbolt the dipstick tube from the side of oil pan to drop pan.

It could be possible that it's part of a PTO system.

Jon, you were just a moment quicker on the draw than me.

I've had two coaches with the HT-740 transmission and neither had the hardware shown in the first picture. I'm guessing it is hydraulic stuff for the firetruck operation.

Jon

Yes ok.... but what is this hydraulic stuff working to a firetruck and not to a sigle truck?

i will try ta take a photo and from the other side.

Thank you for your respond.