Sign in to follow this  
manholt

Tire Sensors

Do they have batteries? If so, how do you get at them and where do you find replacements? Never had them before. They worked fine

until last week, now only 2 out of 8.

Do they have batteries? If so, how do you get at them and where do you find replacements? Never had them before. They worked fine

until last week, now only 2 out of 8.

What system and brand, how long has the sensors been on the tires and you do know that you can remove the sensor when in storage or not used to save on the battery. TST has two type sensors as do a lot of the suppliers one with replacement battery and the type you have to trade in on a new sensor. I have had both and like the type with that I can change the battery.

They all have batteries but not all have batteries that you can replace yourself. That's why you have the questions above.

I pulled one. It's a Pressure Pro. Per them, I mail in my 8 and they send 8 back. My friend got the ones that you change

the battery and the whole unit was cheaper than the 8 new ones will cost me.

Question is: Can I use his kind of sensors and be able to program them into my existing monitor? It's a Sony that has all

my other diagnostics and cameras.

Manholt, Don't think it's possible to progran other TPMS into your video system (downside of lower cost systems).

It appears you have two options:

A. Stay with Pressure Pro and pay for new sensors and continue to use your Sony video system.

B get a system with user replaceable batteries ($1 or $2 ea for batteries) and a separate monitor system.

When shopping for a system I establish some performance requirements that are important to me.

1. Replaceable batteries

2. 3 year warranty on parts

3. User programmable warning levels

4. Multiple warning levels ( two based on loss of pressure from the hot tire pressure plus one warning level based on loss from cold pressure)

Some sellers have videos showing operation of their system. This is an extra in favor of that brand.

Simply Google TPMS and look at features of a few different brands.

Hope this helps.

You can learn more about TPMS by reading my blog and clicking to TPMS in the list of topics on the right side.