Sign in to follow this  
wellsie

Finding Heater Fan, and Replacing

We have a 2000 Safari Zanzibar and need to replace the heater fan. We need help finding the fan and maybe some tips on replacing it. Thank you.

wellsie,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

Think you are referring to the dash heater. That being the case, there are hundreds of different styles and sizes. The problem is often the electrical wiring. Switch, resistor array, relay or fuse.

So could you see if you can find some information regarding the blower motor.

First some questions. Does the fan run on some speeds and not others?

Then can you determine if the problem might be the speed selector switch? or the resistor array, generally in close proximity of the motor its self.

The motors are frequently located on the passengers side behind the kick panel in front of the passenger seat or outside on the firewall passenger side.

I will look and see if I might have some wiring information in the mean time.

Rich.

Thanks for that information. It is the dash heater fan that screeches in all the speeds, much worse on high. I don't think it is the wiring it's just the fan - I probably posted this in the wrong category.

Wellsie,

Good feedback, and you are not in the wrong thread!

Like Herman mentioned listen to where the noise might be coming from.

Sure sounds like its the motor bearings, but the squirrel cage blower assemble might just need to be reset and tightened so it is not rubbing on the outer housing. That can make allot of noise.

Rich.

We have located the dash heater motor and it needs to be replaced - it looks like the original motor. We have checked our local parts stores and the part number doesn't seem to be something that we can cross reference. Is this something that we will have to order from Monaco?

Wellsie,

Could you post the numbers found on the part and any other information for the group.

You could give Monaco a call and see if they have some additional information, they might be able to provide information on who the supplier was.

Posting a picture might help to identify the manufacture also !

Rich.

The part number off the original fan motor was UN18-411 - we were able to cross reference the number, thanks to Alan @ Harold Electric. The blower motor on a 1995 Chev 1500 1/2 ton 4WD pickup is the exact fit and that part number is 655-1744.

Thanks for all the good information earlier!

Additionally this is what I found in my search for AC and heating products as I have updated and made numerous preventive repairs. Acme Automotive products who supplied many of the components to the industry supplied the heating and AC components for my 2001 Zanzibar 123103. They went out of business a bit ago and the inventory was purchased by acmerepairparts.com or also serviced by soldbyrichard.com. Richard is a no nonsense sort of fella with a wide knowledge of many coaches. He has supplied numerous components in reasonable time frames and prices. No one sells parts for these things inexpensively. He has supplied vents long ago broken during installation with nice new shinny ones. I am sure many of the parts came from other sources and might be less expensive if one eliminates the cost of the search. This is a quick solution with one person...his phone number is 913-515-1560 I might add that I arrived a Richards doorstep so to speak by way of Allied Recreation Group current owner of the Monaco line. Their nr in Oregon 877-466-6226 and East 800-435-7345 The most knowledgeable, I have found, is Bill Reed a Safari employee back in the day. He is a gold mine of information

When our motor for the heater went out, I took it to Auto Zone a local auto parts store. The looked at it went in back a brought a motor that fit into the housing of my old motor and it was guaranteed for life.