09bounder

Tow Vehicle Power And Inverter Question

I get running lights but no turn or brake lights.

Also my relay for shore power does not hold. When the inverter power is used for a TV the TV will go off after 10 minutes or so.

Could all this be caused by a bad inverter or older house batteries or shore power cable?

09bounder, welcome to the Forum.

Do you have the same problem, when your on Generator? If not, then the relay switch needs replacing.

Ref. brake/turn signal. Your coach is pre wired (normally) for towing, toad is not. Who did the tow installation? <_<

Carl

09bounder,

Welcome to the Forum!

As mentioned by Carl, you need to know if the wiring is correct, also there is a relay and fuse box installed between the coach prewired hitch connecter and the coach signal and marker light circuits.
This protects the coach circuits from circuit issues between the toad and coach.

This additional fuse / relay box is generally located in one of the rear cargo pods, most often the right rear.(that being the curb side.
There could be a blown fuse in this box and if you replace it and it fails a second time then there is a wiring issue between the coach and toad.

Rich.

Yes, two unrelated issues.

If your 120 VAC systems (like room A/C's) work on generator but not on shore power, you need to trace the problem. The ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) is where shore and generator come in an power then goes to the 120 VAC main breaker box.

IF, repeat IF you are safe working around 120/240 VAC, you can open the ATS and check for power in from shore power and verify that you have power out to the breaker box.

If 120/240 VAC is something new to you, have a qualified technician troubleshoot it. Could be the ATS, could be the shore power cord or connection in coach between the two.

Thanks Brett ! got distracted in the middle of my post and totally forgot about the second part of the OP question.

Glad you keep me on my toes! LOL

Rich.

Sorry, I should have gone into more detail. I'll let the coffee kick in first, my computer is an hour ahead off me! :(

Thank you, Brett :rolleyes: and Rich.

Carl

09bounder,

Welcome to the Forum!

I have an 09 Bounder and I cannot find a fuse for the tow wiring in the rear or front of the coach. I also found the flashers do not work. The 15 amp fuse under the hood is ok for flasher. Any suggestions? My other problem with the power was solved by moving sites; low voltage on one leg. Thanks, Ron

As mentioned by Carl, you need to know if the wiring is correct, also there is a relay and fuse box installed between the coach prewired hitch connecter and the coach signal and marker light circuits.

This protects the coach circuits from circuit issues between the toad and coach.

This additional fuse / relay box is generally located in one of the rear cargo pods, most often the right rear.(that being the curb side.

There could be a blown fuse in this box and if you replace it and it fails a second time then there is a wiring issue between the coach and toad.

Rich.

09bounder,

Welcome to the Forum!

Rich.