DWAYNECHERAMIE

Dash A/C On 2003 Fleetwood Excursion

Have a 2003 Fleetwood Excursion with a 3126b Cat. Recently had the pulley on dash ac compressor freeze up, broke fan belt. so replaced compressor & belt, now dash ac not blowing at all in any of dash vents. Was blowing fine prior.

Not currently near rig but will be in a few days. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Was the dash HVAC fan running, but air just not coming out the vents? If so, you need to check for a vacuum leak between the small electric vacuum pump and the dash HVAC control.

If no vacuum, all air will come out the defrost vents-- that is the "default" position.

Dwayne, Do you have air blowing out the Defroster vents? That is the default mode when the vacuum pump is not running as mentioned by Brett.

The Dash AC fuse size is 30 amps in most cases and then there is a second fuse 25 amps that supplies power to the condenser fan motor. When this motor fails it blows the fuse and that can cause higher pressure in the AC Compressor, that can cause the compressors to fail.

The problem is not present while the coach is moving causing air to flow over the condenser coil.

Quick check is to start the Dash AC and look under the coach or in the location of the condenser coil to see if the cooling fan starts as soon as you start the AC.

Rich.

Hey wanted to say thanks Brett & Rich for the feedback on this post, meant to get back to you guys earlier. I had parked the rig in La. While at work and I had left keys w/friend for when mechanic came to replace ac compressor & belt, but I had turned off switches for both main & aux. batteries, mechanic changed out & cranked up.. Let run about 30 min., but could never get air to blow out ac vents in dash, he didn't want to fool w/much so he called me after the fact. One wk later I stepped in rig & like usual first thing I turn on my battery switches, knew immediately that was the problem. Cranked the beast up, put on air & wa la... Drove to Ga. 10 hr roll, froze me out, no problems whatsoever.... My bad guys. But again thanks!!!! Dwayne