Sign in to follow this  
marksheinkopf

Mobile Wireless Cellular Signal Amplifier Kit

Does anyone have experience with a Mobile Wireless Cellular Signal Amplifier Kit? This past summer we were out in Montana and wireless coverage was weak. Is this type of system worth the expense? On the East Coast, cell coverage is usually great. Thanks.

We have a Wilson trucker antenna and a Wilson amplifier. We don't need it often but are sure glad we have it when we do.

Because many new phones don't have antenna ports and some that do don't have adapters available to go from the amp to the phone, I got an amp that has a small flat plate antenna that Velcros on the back of the phone or my aircard.

It works well. We were in Bakers Hole National Forest campground close to West Yellowstone and did not have enough signal to connect to the internet or make calls. With the antenna and amp we got 3 of 4 possible bars and no connection problems.

The Wilson "SIGNALBOOSTâ„¢ Mobile and Home/Office Cellular/PCS Amplifier (811210) I got can be seen HERE

I would suggest that you wait for the new line of FCC approved antennas and amps. The new Signal Control units out perform anything currently on the market including the Wilson line.

You can get more additional information here:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=86843

Thanks Bill for the info.

I checked out the website and will wait for the new line of products. I really appreciate your answer. Happy Camping!!

We have a Wilson trucker antenna and a Wilson amplifier. We don't need it often but are sure glad we have it when we do.

Because many new phones don't have antenna ports and some that do don't have adapters available to go from the amp to the phone, I got an amp that has a small flat plate antenna that Velcros on the back of the phone or my aircard.

It works well. We were in Bakers Hole National Forest campground close to West Yellowstone and did not have enough signal to connect to the internet or make calls. With the antenna and amp we got 3 of 4 possible bars and no connection problems.

The Wilson "SIGNALBOOSTâ„¢ Mobile and Home/Office Cellular/PCS Amplifier (811210) I got can be seen HERE

Thanks Clay for your input. I really appreciate it. Happy Camping!!

I would suggest that you wait for the new line of FCC approved antennas and amps. The new Signal Control units out perform anything currently on the market including the Wilson line.

You can get more additional information here:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=86843

Thanks for the link Bill, some great information here including the website by John Mayer for Communication on the road. Heres a quick link to his site for anyone interested.

Comunication on the Road