hermanmullins

Whats Cooking, Who Is Where, Off The Subject & Memories

manholt   

Since it is now Post November 10 & 11, I trust you all had a wonderful time this weekend, with lots of good food, wine, family and friends! 

Speaking of that, my good golfing buddy, turned 80 and wanted me to add to the appetizers, for 80 guests!  I did 2 whole beef tenderloins, medium rare, served cold with a Ranch Dressing Dip.  I'll supply the recipe, just PM or mail me! :lol: 

Thanks for the invite. However there are no direct flight from Cheyenne Wyoming. Been here since last Saturday and the Aqua Hot has run the entire time up to today. Wind has blown every day. Monday they clocked gust up to 92 mph. There were a dozen semis blown over on I-25 between Fort Collins and Cheyenne.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Herman  

Herman, you have it backwards. We Texans go north in the summer and either stay home or go further south in the winter.  Stay safe and warm and load your pockets with rocks so you don't end up home via air mail. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

So you are saying they are having a light Texas breeze.:D Herman stay safe.

Let me wish all a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please remember those who go in harm’s way so we can be safe.

Bill

Carl asked for a picture (of my new Great Grand Daughter) since I didn't have one at that time I tried to inject a bit of humor and posted a really bad picture of myself.

I am sorry, but Jeff got offended that I was hi jacking his topic Jeff I am so very sorry that you felt that I was trying to invade your sacred topic, For that I am so truly sorry.

Now Carl here is a picture of the beautiful Hali Ryan .

Proud Great Grandfather!!!!!!!!!!

Herman

IMG_7071 (1).jpg

jleamont   

Herman, beautiful baby!

Congratulation's to the family!!

RE other post; I like the photo, got to laughing that you did it with a selfie stick :lol:.

jleamont   

What's cooking for your families holiday feast?

Smoked brisket, smoked mac and cheese (homemade), Green bean casserole, grilled asparagus up here.

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

What's cooking for your families holiday feast?

Smoked brisket, smoked mac and cheese (homemade), Green bean casserole, grilled asparagus up here.

How do you do that? I tried to smoke some mac and cheese but it kept falling through the grill :(. I gave up and deep-fried it like they do at the Fair.

Picked up a small standing rib roast.

Bill 

rfsod48   

12# standing rib roast rare, double baked potatoes, asparagus with hollandase sauce and gin and tonic! We are celebrating Sunday.

Roland

manholt   

We are having Ham, tamales and menudo at a family member of Linda tomorrow! :rolleyes:  Monday I'm grilling a pork tenderloin, Linda will be fixing squash and Salad, she made a Sweet Potato Pie.  It's just the 2 of us! :)

jleamont   

Bill, I haven't been to one of those in years!

Roland sounds delicious! 

Never had sweet potato pie. Got to add that to my list.

manholt   

Roland.  Your Celebrating Christmas this evening...is that just this year or every year?  I have always had Christmas the evening of the 24th, the 25th is the day after!  In America they celebrate the 25th but by then it's late afternoon or mid evening in Jerusalem! :P

Joe,

10 hours ago, manholt said:

she made a Sweet Potato Pie

Joe,

Though there is a different taste, most people can't tell the difference between Pumpkin  Pie and Sweet Potato Pie. They both are great and when piled high with Real Whipped Cream, MMMMMM Good!

Bill,

My favorite place in Ft. Worth would be the Cattleman's on North Main at the Stock Yards.

Herman 

Herman someone, that would be me needs to say that the picture of your grand baby is a lot cuter looking than you are.:D:D  Merry Christmas to you all as well

Bill and Janet Edwards

rfsod48   

Carl, since it is now my wife and our two sons and one daughter in law we celebrate on Christmas Eve around 5pm. When we had our parents we all got together on Christmas Day.

Roland

49 minutes ago, rsbilledwards said:

Herman someone, that would be me needs to say that the picture of your grand baby is a lot cuter looking than you are.:D:D  Merry Christmas to you all as well

Bill and Janet Edwards

Amen to that!