hermanmullins

Whats Cooking, Who Is Where, Off The Subject & Memories

For FMCA, Indianapolis was a good Convention. Healthy discussions on the issues, Good entertainment and the Election of Jon Walker, Rett Porter, Gaye Young and John Reynolds as our new Executive Board. Congratulations to all.

However for Bobbie and I t wasn't so hot.

First, we have coach issues and spent 5 day at the Cummins Service Center in Joplin having the fuel pump replaced (twice but that's another story).

4:45 AM on the 15th Bobbie had health issues and I had to take her to the emergency room and the next morning, Sunday, she under went emergency surgery for a hernia. That turned into a 9 day stay in the Hospital. By the way that Hospital (Community Hospital North), the staff and the Doctors could not have been better, Our Love and Thanks to them all.

While we were there in the hospital we got a call from our son, who had gone up to our home to water Bobbie's plants, discovered that our power was out. ( have no idea of how long it was out) and everything in the refrigerator and freezer had to be thrown out.

We had plans to go to Cheyenne to visit our kids from Indy but decided to go home instead. We got home on Wednesday afternoon and on Friday we got a call from our daughter-in-law that our son had an accident while road testing a motor cycle that was in their shop for an issue. He survived the incident without any broken bones but lots of road rashes.

July was not a good month for us. But we are home :), Bobbie is much better :D, we went shopping and everything in the fridge is new and our son is on the mend and is expected to be able to return to work in about another 10 days.

Our thanks to all of our friends and their concerns for Bobbie. To Rod and Ethel that came to the Hospital and stayed till they knew Bobbie and I were OK. To the wonderful Nurses, Shift Technicians, Dr.'s Mimms and Tithas., our Son and the Grace of God for watching over us.

Herman    

jleamont   

Herman, glad she is doing well! If and when you want to change that fuel system over like I did let me know. 

manholt   

Wow, first I have  heard about any of this!  So good to hear that Bobbie and your son survived and is getting healthy again! :)

RSBill.  Sorry that I didn't respond sooner, but 2 days ago I had to change my password for FMCA...don't know why!  From Indy to Norway & Sweden and back to Texas, I had no access to Forum!  I'll send you a PM in regards to your trip in 2018.  I will no longer be living on Galveston Island, as I'm moving in with Linda here at the ranch in Burnet, TX., this month.  Unlike Herman, we can take any size coach & trailer, turn around is no problem!  We may have the other septic system installed by then...water & power is no problem, Linda has 3 water wells and two 450A electric boxes outside and 250A for house!

Carl

Come on DOWN to the Six-State Rally in Texarkana Arkansas at the Four States Fairgrounds,

October 25th - 28th, 2017. 

It shows in the Magazine that we are sold out on both 30 and 50 amp sites. Which is only partially true. We are sold out in both in 30 & 50 amp full hookups but we still have quite a few 30 amps sites with water still available. So you may still call the office (513-474-3622) and register. I know that many of you love to come to the Rallies and want to volunteer. Well you are in luck we have positions still open. So if you would like to come to the Rally and would like to volunteer call FMCA and register and call Louise Guidry @ 985-696-4077.

Would love to have you'll come to the Rally. Heck we are even having a Chili Cook Off. 

Herman

jleamont   
6 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Come on DOWN to the Six-State Rally in Texarkana Arkansas at the Four States Fairgrounds,

October 25th - 28th, 2017. 

Oh I wish I could attend that!

Is this a time of year they usually gather together? Maybe I can mark it down for 2018

Joe,

We will be in Shawnee Oklahoma at the Heart Of Oklahoma Expo Center September 19th - 22nd, 2018. And will be back there September 18th- 21st, 2019.

Hope you can work one or both into your schedule.

Herman  

jleamont   

Herman, when I begin planning 18' I will PM you. Usually around the holidays the gears start turning and the smoke comes out of my ears :lol:

13 hours ago, manholt said:

After my last Shawnee Rally, I'm not to keen on going back ! :(

I know what you mean. Just follow the directions of the parkers and you might get the other side re painted.:D:P:)

Bill

Some good new for a chance. In this months Family Motor Coaching Magazine, in the "RV NEWS & NOTES" section on pages 40, 41 & 42, Thor is expanding it's facility to 2.3 million square feet. They state that the expansion should add 400 new jobs. All of the expansion is for Motor Home production. This is very good news for the industry and motor homes.

Also on page 46 is the Ballot. No matter if you are for or against the change, VOTE. This is YOUR association and you need to voice your opinion.

Herman

We are 250 (giver or take) miles NE from Corpus and there have been thunder bands all day long. No street flooding yet and I hope that is all we get.  Sunday and Monday will be our biggest threat if it progresses the way the broadcaster are predicting.

We are about 30 miles north of downtown San Antonio and have had moments of extremely heavy rain and some pretty hefty wind gusts. Presently we are on the west (dry) side of the storm so the wind is out of the north. 

News people slay me. Why do they choose to stand out in the water where the wind is almost knocking them down to report on the storm? Is that to show their manliness, if so, its not working.  

Early tomorrow will be the real test.

Wayne, you and all the other members located in the warning areas are in our prayers to remain safe and have minimal storm damage.

Thanks Jim, and the best to you two also.

Funny you sad that about broadcasters. Saw one on the news battling the winds and the rain and my first thought was, "That's stupid!" 

I hope they get extra pay for that.  Who was the broadcaster that made a name for himself covering a hurricane? Ah! Dan Rathers, Hurricane Carla 1961....the ones now-a-days are wanna-be famous.

wolfe10   

We moved uphill (ya a month ago).  Went from 22' above sea level to 8480'.  Hope we don't have to go back to bail out the house.