jeff753

Allowing Towables Vote At Indianapolis In July

260 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2017 at 7:15 PM, BillAdams said:

I have no idea what the original thread did or did not say but I would vote NO, no towables in FMCA.  Doing so just makes FMCA "another" Good Sam business.

I completely agree! I joined this year for the unique experience of motor coaches only. I'm already a life member of Good Sam, if FMCA allows all types of RV's in, there is no logic to paying dues to FMCA. This may be my first, and last year in FMCA if they open up to all types.

We had a reservation for Indy, but had to cancel; DW's surgeon says she is still unable to travel that far, and we live in Bloomington???

12 hours ago, HayesFamily said:

Be careful what you ask for because we like to eat! LOL. 

I didn't say I was going to feed you, just that the door is always open.

However, I do know the places to eat and especially the "All you can eat Catfish"

====================

Consider that there are many similarities between towables and motorhomes. Water heaters, refrigerators. generators, converters/inverters and many more.

Threads could be separated by specific category of RV and if a member does not wish to partake of that category it is their choice. 

I'd like to see the present benefits stay and also possibly expand to other good benefits. Adding the towables would give a boost to the financial pocketbook of FMCA.  Not going to cost the present members and their affiliations a nickle more.

You fellas aren't reading the proposed articles and the proposed constitution. They have removed the words "motorhome" and or "motorcoach" and have replaced it with "recreation vehicle". Now with zero definition of what would be constituted as a "recreation vehicle" I can join FMCA with my boat, my motorcycle, my airplane. There is nothing that defines what a recreation vehicle is!

The verbage cannot be changed before the GB votes to accept the changes to the documents, we have to vote them they way they are presented. So, in a campground  get ready for a boat with a goose egg on it parked next to you

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

Consider that there are many similarities between towables and motorhomes. Water heaters, refrigerators. generators, converters/inverters and many more.

Threads could be separated by specific category of RV and if a member does not wish to partake of that category it is their choice. 

I'd like to see the present benefits stay and also possibly expand to other good benefits. Adding the towables would give a boost to the financial pocketbook of FMCA.  Not going to cost the present members and their affiliations a nickle more.

Except it dilutes their control over the organization, and once you start down that path there is no stopping it, and if towable owners flock to the FMCA then by sheer numbers given that something like 5 towables are sold for every motorhome it becomes easy to forecast the existence of an organization that no longer caters to motorhome owners.  After all why have features that only appeal to 1/5th of the membership, the logic says it would be far better to cater to the commonality, and hence you get another Good Sam club.

iRV2 is a for-profit business and, in my opinion, a poorly run site.  If you do post something a moderator does not like or you disagree with a policy they ban you from the site rather than allowing a differing opinion.  There are some who can do or say whatever they like and if you try to challenge them you are banned.  It is a very heavy handed site so anything that they perceive might effect their earnings is deleted or the poster banned.  I was a long time user before it was bought out but now you have to be one of the cool kids and do as you are told.

23 hours ago, dons2346 said:

You fellas aren't reading the proposed articles and the proposed constitution. They have removed the words "motorhome" and or "motorcoach" and have replaced it with "recreation vehicle". Now with zero definition of what would be constituted as a "recreation vehicle" I can join FMCA with my boat, my motorcycle, my airplane. There is nothing that defines what a recreation vehicle is!

The verbage cannot be changed before the GB votes to accept the changes to the documents, we have to vote them they way they are presented. So, in a campground  get ready for a boat with a goose egg on it parked next to you

Yup, a Razr is a recreational vehicle.

What amazes me is than none of the hierarchy have anything to say on this thread to agree or dispel the thoughts and ideas presented here....I have my canoe ready....B

On 6/21/2017 at 0:18 PM, hermanmullins said:

Keon,

How old are your kids? Have feed three boys through their teens.

When we finally got them out and on their own, we could then afford a motor home. 😁

Herman 

Babies are 8 and 19