Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sflute

Leak Water Into Basement Compartment

3 posts in this topic

Hello

We are trying to locate the source of a water leak in our 2001 Safari Serengeti Ivory edition.  It appeared last summer during camping.  By the end of the trip, the basement compartment which is drivers side under kitchen was totally drenched, but it had gotten all of the close basement compartments left.  We know it isn't the roof because it has remained dry since we drained it despite the rains.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Does the water pump cycle on and off when turned on and shore water disconnected? Since it is under kitchen where it seems to start wet there would suspect it to be something from the kitchen sink. If the pump cycles without turning any water faucets on, then suspect fresh water. If not fresh water then suspect a drain issue, if the kitchen is on a slide out, then first probability would be a hose coupling in the drain assembly. Also another probability is roof ac condensation drainage. Good luck hunting. Also after posting and you have made a mistake, you will notice an edit at the bottom of your own post, you can click on that and it will reopen that post for editing mistakes. I use this feature very often.

I just found and repaired one that I had and it was a leak at the uline ice machine water supply . Also when we had a 99 Safari Zanzibar I had the fresh water lines under the cabinets would loosen at the flex connector hooked to the sink.

You can find it by taking out the cabinet drawers below the microwave and looking at the lines where they come through the wall to the rear under  cabinet compartment. Hope this helps.

Michael