Elkhartjim

Good Sam vs FMCA Insurance Discount

6 posts in this topic

I contacted my insurance provider this week to make a change to my policy. They asked the usual questions but this time they had a different question,"are you a member of any rving groups like Good Sam's?". I said yes and then asked about FMCA; they are not on our list but with you being a member of Good Sam we can provide a better rate. Another benefit from Good Sam's I was not aware of.  BTW, the insurance provider is The Hartford.

GS will check around and get the best deal for you.  Saved me $500/year on this year's policy.

4 hours ago, Elkhartjim said:

I contacted my insurance provider this week to make a change to my policy. They asked the usual questions but this time they had a different question,"are you a member of any rving groups like Good Sam's?". I said yes and then asked about FMCA; they are not on our list but with you being a member of Good Sam we can provide a better rate. Another benefit from Good Sam's I was not aware of.  BTW, the insurance provider is The Hartford.

Jim, be very careful with The Hartford...we had them as our insurance company on our cars... had one very minor incident... they were great fixing everything....then, later trippled our rates.... repairs were only about $1,200 ....we would have been better paying for the repairs ourselves....we dumped them... business decision.

I've been with them 8 years. Every year I have a friend that is an independent insurance agent check for best rates. He has not been able  to come close. As far as claims, they paid $10,000+ to replace my roof 4 years ago and never raised my rate. Repaired windshield chips on the motorhome 3 times and replaced the windshield on my wife's Lexus and no rate increase. When we moved from Montgomery County, TX to Comal County, TX, our rates when down substantially.

We're in California... and an insurance agent told me that the industry here is a mess...