Studebrucer

Tiffin 32 Diesel Pusher

We are in the process of buying our first coach. It will be a diesel pusher. I have just started to research the 32 foot Tiffin. Sounds like it gets good fuel mileage.

Any owners that can confirm that? How is the Navistar engine? We are looking to be on the road 3 to 4 months at a time. Is there enough storage ? Are the holding tanks large enough to boon dock for several days?

A 32 foot motorhome is really really small for 3-4 month trips. The storage space is going to be very limited and you asked about boondocking for "several days", I guess we need to know what your definition of several would be.  I'm sure the holding tanks are going to be relatively small and since you have no first hand rving experience its going to be a wild learning curve. 

Again I will suggest you rent a motorhome for a week before buying one. Its not for everyone.

gulya   

Studebrucer, suggest you go to http://tiffinrvnetwork.com/index.php where you will get more accurate and pertinent info to your questions about the Allegro Breese from actual owners some friends of ours in Tiffin travelers chapter FMCA  recently traded their Breeze for a 36 ft Tiffin dp 

tom gulya

vp tiffin travelers chapter

2stroker   

I just had my ECM flashed at the Cat shop in Portland (06 Country Coach)and they had the same coach in for repairs. The Mechanic said, if you have to work on the top side of the motor (where the ECM is) you have to remove the bed with frame to get to the motor. The up side,  maybe 10 to 12 mpg.  Look to see how EZ the coach is to work on, because at $140hr it does't take long to rack up a good bill.

I think that would be a weekend coach, maybe a week. I would look for a 36'  

2 stroker 

Are you hoping to see 10-12 MPG results from your Country Coach?  Is this a 25 footer?  Planning to drive no faster than 45?  If not, I can't begin to imagine one of our big 'ole CC's every seeing anything close.  What was your MPG before the flash?

We got rid of our 32 ft diesel pusher that we used for 17 years and 150k miles.  We would be in it for 5-6 months at a time.  Not much extra room.  We now have a 36 ft with slide and it is so much more comfortable.  I would go with a Cummins engine.  We have the ISB 275 and just got back from a 6k mile trip and averaged a tick over 10 mpg, 28k pounds with 1/2 Silverado.

2stroker   
7 hours ago, BillAdams said:

Are you hoping to see 10-12 MPG results from your Country Coach?  Is this a 25 footer?  Planning to drive no faster than 45?  If not, I can't begin to imagine one of our big 'ole CC's every seeing anything close.  What was your MPG before the flash?

I will never see 10 or 12mpg in my 40' CC.  I had an oil pressure problem 130psi at a cold start on my C-9 400 Cat, now with a reman oil pump back to factory speck 87psi. I get 6.5mpg pulling a 2011 Ford Edge, runs a lot better after the flash.

Studebrucer, I would look at a 36' coach with 4 slides, one thing nice about CC they have a side radiator when you open up the back you see the motor not just a radiator.

2 stroker 

If your looking for good fuel mileage it will be only slightly better in a small 32ft coach but you will be giving up comfort and storage space for sure.

Tanks sizes will likely be smaller and many other things will be a compromise going so small especially for 4 months at a time.  Boondocking could be a challenge.

One thing I see very often on this and other forums is people buying something too small and then upgrading over and over which gets expensive.  Starting out a little bigger then you think you need will pay dividends down the road in many cases.  Being able to tow a car (or truck) behind the MH is something many people do and it's usually easier with a bigger coach which most likely has a bigger motor to do the job you want it to do and not struggle especially going up hills.