Sign in to follow this  
desertdeals69

Silverado

Yes, towed an 03 Yukon 4X4 with no problems. Traded it for an 08 Silverado 2X4 with a disconnect, then an 08 Silverado 4X4 and now an 11 Silverado  4X4. All with no issues.

❤ Chevrolet  Silverado.

Herman

Rebriggs   

I currently own a 2013 GMC sierra 4x4. Could someone explain what I need to do to flat tow it behind my coach? I have a Roadmaster towbar, I just need somebody to explain how to unlock transmission, etc. Thanks, Ronnie

Here is the Procedure to put your Sierra in 4 wheel drive neutral.

1) With your vehicles engine running,  Set your vehicle parking Park.

2) Put your vehicle in Neutral and put your foot down on the brake pedal.

3) Turn your selector Knob quickly all the way to the right and hold it for a slow count of 10.

4) Then slowly rotate the knob to the Left. As you slowly rotate the knob to the left your "N" light will come on.

At the same time your dash message center will display "Traction control is off".

At this point I make it a point to Release the Parking Brake and while the engine is still running place the shift lever in gear to make sure you are in 4 wheel drive neutral. Then turn the engine off and when it has died put the shiftier in Park and you are ready to tow. 

Herman

RayIN   
On 12/13/2017 at 1:46 PM, Hermanmullins said:

Here is the Procedure to put your Sierra in 4 wheel drive neutral.

1) With your vehicles engine running,  Set your vehicle parking Park.

2) Put your vehicle in Neutral and put your foot down on the brake pedal.

3) Turn your selector Knob quickly all the way to the right and hold it for a slow count of 10.

4) Then slowly rotate the knob to the Left. As you slowly rotate the knob to the left your "N" light will come on.

At the same time your dash message center will display "Traction control is off".

At this point I make it a point to Release the Parking Brake and while the engine is still running place the shift lever in gear to make sure you are in 4 wheel drive neutral. Then turn the engine off and when it has died put the shiftier in Park and you are ready to tow. 

Herman

My 2013 owners manual says to hold the knob to the right until the red N lights. Turn the key off and remove. There is no steering wheel lock. 2013 is the last year for hyd power steering.  2014 and later have electric power steering, which requires total removal of the neg cable from the battery, or the risk of ruining the power steering is sure.

It sure tows great doesn't it.

Ryan, if that works for you that is the way to go. However I had an issue with my 4 X 4 switch. I told the dealership service writer that mine would not go into 4 X 4 neutral they checked it out and told me that it was working and that there was written instructions, on my seat, they got from the factory on how to shift into 4 X 4 neutral and that is where I got #4 in my above Instructions. It has never failed me since. :)

Herman   

FIVE   

The owner's manual should spell out the EXACT step by step procedures for towing... these things change year to year.