• Announcements

• larrypennington

Update from Texas Assn of Campground Owners re: Evacuees   08/28/17

Good morning, There are now at least 18 privately owned and operated campgrounds and RV parks across Texas that are accepting evacuees. The attached news release, updated from the one the association issued yesterday, includes the names and contact info for the parks. Consumers can also do their own research to identify parks with RV spaces and rental cabins at www.TexasCampgrounds.com and www.TexasCabinRentals.net. Please contact Brian Schaeffer, executive director and CEO of the Texas Association of Campground Owners, on his cell phone at (817) 307-0129 for any questions. We will continue to update this release over the weekend based on the feedback we receive from campgrounds and RV parks across Texas. Many thanks for including our information in your reports yesterday. We appreciate it. Sincerely, Jeff Crider
      (760) 567-9775 (cell)
Kate49

Options For Washing Motor Homes

Kate49   

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a question I have.  I have been hiring my MH washed, but when I am on the road, am not able to do that and am wondering if truck stops drive through truck washes also can be used with a motorhome?

Thanks

Kate 

MWeiner   

Blue Beacon.... download the application on your smart phone... they have a locator to direct you to the nearest location.

Welcome to the forum Kate, Yes Blue Beacon is one option. Most big RV parks have someone that comes to the park to wash coaches. I would ask at the front desk. There are eaven some that let you wash your coach, but not to many.

Bill

If you use Blue Beacon be sure to go to their website to learn about options that are good for motor homes and some that are not. Before you pay inspect their work. I was satisfied the two times at different locations that I had them wash MH and towed. 

manholt   

Hard to beat $64 for a wash/ wax on a 45 foot coach and a toad.:)  Now, I don't wash anymore, just use Lucas "Slick Mist", at $8 per bottle, Wall Mart, one = 2 x on coach & toad. :wub: Spray on and wipe off.

jleamont   
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:44 PM, manholt said:

Lucas "Slick Mist

Hmm, I just bought a product at Hershey similar. Picked up the application pole and towels and the product, works the same but with the extendable pole no ladder needed. here's the link

http://www.simplereflectioncleaner.com/