larrypennington

Check Out Our New Verizon MIFI Benefit!

Recommended Posts

manholt   

smithy.  How does a person, find out, how much the add on is?   Can that be done before an order is made?

Joe S.  You can add up to 5 years (most cost affective) any time you want.  I did 3 months ago! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

So if I am in my first year of membership and have only 10 months left, in order to sign up for this Verizon deal I would have to add two full years to my membership?  Because if I just renewed now for another year I still would not have a full two years remaining.

Yes, that's correct.  You membership must be extended so that you would still be a member at the end of the Verizon contract.  This prevents folks from joining for a shorter period of time and ending their membership but still getting full advantage of the Verizon deal.  I'm in the same boat.  I have an Aug membership so I would need to sign up for 2 additional years to take advantage of the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manholt   

BillA.  Since yours is August and if you did 2 years now.  Would that go from August to August again, or November to November?  I don't know that answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smithy   
4 hours ago, ISPJS said:

So if I am in my first year of membership and have only 10 months left, in order to sign up for this Verizon deal I would have to add two full years to my membership?  Because if I just renewed now for another year I still would not have a full two years remaining.

That is correct. Since you have to be an active FMCA member to get the deal from Verizon, the requirement is that you have your FMCA member dues paid to match the two year contract with Verizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smithy   
2 hours ago, BillAdams said:

Yes, that's correct.  You membership must be extended so that you would still be a member at the end of the Verizon contract.  This prevents folks from joining for a shorter period of time and ending their membership but still getting full advantage of the Verizon deal.  I'm in the same boat.  I have an Aug membership so I would need to sign up for 2 additional years to take advantage of the program.

Bill,

If you rejoined today, your membership start day would be today. It would not go back to when you lapsed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 9:27 PM, wajames said:

Aware of their income stream.

They analyzed the cost/benefit including costs of FMCA membership compared to other data plans.  Obviously one joins FMCA for this and many other benefits.  What a crock to sum it up as "Nice Try"

Sorry! But they missed it this time.

I think one of the big reasons they called it "Nice try" is that we can't get a solid answer on the throttling after 25 gb.  70kbs speeds are useless in the real world.  If that is what it goes to, it is NOT an unlimited plan, it's a 25 gb per month plan.  BIG difference. I'm not willing to sign a 2 year contract to find  out what the throttled speeds might be....

"Upon 25GB of usage in a given billing cycle slowdown speeds will range between 70 kbps – 2.7 mbps (roughly the equivalent of 2G on the low end and 3G on the high end).  "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smithy   
6 hours ago, manholt said:

smithy.  How does a person, find out, how much the add on is?   Can that be done before an order is made?

Joe S.  You can add up to 5 years (most cost affective) any time you want.  I did 3 months ago! :) 

Good question. Not sure if they give you that info up front or not. I will find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied 2 days ago and haven't heard back, anyone have a contact number to expedite the process? I do have an existing plan (Hotspot only) with Verizon which I plan to cancel once this is activated.

Never mind,I'm all set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did this and it was super simple, took all of 5 minutes and I keep my current Hotspot. I had a 30gb plan that I was paying $160.00 a month for , so this was a no brainier. I have plans with AT&T as well as Sprint, so data limits are not a concern of mine (AT&T / Sprint are Unlimited plans). I need coverage no matter where I am (Business). Thanks FMCA

"Success!   After going through the "Existing Customer - Register your line to receive discount " process the other day.  I was this afternoon able to follow the new directions:

Member calls Verizon customer service at 800 922-0204

The rep was able to change our plan to Plan ID 11454 and also able to add the Jetpack for a penny."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chindog   

I spoke to Verizon this morning, and gave the rep the Plan ID 11454 number.  She was able to change my plan over to the FMCA plan, but could not help with the Jetpack for a penny.  I was transferred to another department to help with the jetpack issue, and they didn't know anything about the FMCA plan and couldn't help with the jetpack for a penny.  I am eligible for an upgrade due to length of my existing plan, but they want to charge a $40 activation fee for the new jetpack.  That's not part of the FMCA deal is it?

 

Aaarrrgh!!!!!  I just went online to see if the jetpack is available now that my plan has been changed, and they now want $199 for the jetpack!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep seeing the term "throttling" being applied to this plan.  Is Verizon truly throttling after 25 Gb of data usage or are they applying network management practices by means of data deprioritization?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manholt   
Quote

Throttling after 25GB ?

Craig.  Welcome to the Forum!

If you go to the beginning of this notification, all your questions has already been answered by smithy.  Hopefully duplication of information will not be necessary! :):rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chindog   

Sweet Success at last!!!

After 2 hours on the phone with 4 different reps, I finally have the jetpack ordered and on the way!  It should arrive Monday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smithy   
33 minutes ago, chindog said:

Sweet Success at last!!!

After 2 hours on the phone with 4 different reps, I finally have the jetpack ordered and on the way!  It should arrive Monday!

I am glad for you! I was feeling your pain with all the issues you were having. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smithy   
35 minutes ago, manholt said:

Craig.  Welcome to the Forum!

If you go to the beginning of this notification, all your questions has already been answered by smithy.  Hopefully duplication of information will not be necessary! :):rolleyes:

Throttled after 25GB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wajames   
5 hours ago, chindog said:

Sweet Success at last!!!

After 2 hours on the phone with 4 different reps, I finally have the jetpack ordered and on the way!  It should arrive Monday!

Whew!  Persistence does pay off!  I got a good rep first try I guess (Alex).  He took a moment to search for the info and came back with the plan and did it again when asked about getting the Jetpack.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chindog   

Well, I spoke too soon.  This has gotten even worse.  When I got the confirmation email on the jetpack that is being shipped out, it is an older model.  Not only that, it is used.  When I called Verizon back, they told me they can't stop the shipment of this unit, and there is no way they will send me the 7730L for a penny.

I need some help from FMCA.  I am getting nowhere with Verizon.  No one I have talked to there knows anything about the FMCA plan with the mifi for a penny.  Surely someone at FMCA has a contact with someone at Verizon that can help get this straightened out?

Also, no one at Verizon seems interested in the FMCA program profile ID number 4273588 that is on the FMCA instruction pdf file.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CraigRollins said:

I keep seeing the term "throttling" being applied to this plan.  Is Verizon truly throttling after 25 Gb of data usage or are they applying network management practices by means of data deprioritization?

Yes, throttle.  This is what is described as a Hard Throttle.  After 25GB your speeds will be somewhere between dial up and 2G.  This actually equals no usable speed so it should be considered a 25GB plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cwswine   

Maybe I not understanding the deal.  I have a single line with 5g for data plan that base cost before taxes is 60.00 bucks a month.  Ask what a Unlimited plan upgrade would cost and was told 20.00 bucks a month for a total of 80 bucks a month plus taxes.  I check it out on Version website and what the sales guy me told is correct.   I can use my smart phone as a hot spot so what are the advantages of Jetpack over using the phone has hot spot?  Why wouldn't I just added the Unlimited plan for 20 bucks to my phone that need anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chindog   

Thanks to Mr. Ball at FMCA!  He will be getting in touch with his Verizon contact to assist me in straightening out the Jetpack issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bobged   

Has anyone been able to get their Jetpack activated on the FMCA plan at Verizon?

I received my Jetpack today and have literally talked to eight different reps in various departments that number one, don't know anything about the FMCA plan, number two can't find any record of my Jetpack mobile number in their system.  The final person I spoke with told me I would have to speak with someone at FMCA.

How do we get the Jetpack activated?

On edit:  I just read the following from a member of another forum:

Seems no one but a special Executive Relationship Team (ERT) has any access to work on this new FMCA plan. And he cannot call them. The Vz person can only send them email, plus they only work 9-5 eastern.

Can anyone from FMCA confirm this is who we need to contact?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smithy   
1 hour ago, bobged said:

Has anyone been able to get their Jetpack activated on the FMCA plan at Verizon?

I received my Jetpack today and have literally talked to eight different reps in various departments that number one, don't know anything about the FMCA plan, number two can't find any record of my Jetpack mobile number in their system.  The final person I spoke with told me I would have to speak with someone at FMCA.

How do we get the Jetpack activated?

On edit:  I just read the following from a member of another forum:

Seems no one but a special Executive Relationship Team (ERT) has any access to work on this new FMCA plan. And he cannot call them. The Vz person can only send them email, plus they only work 9-5 eastern.

Can anyone from FMCA confirm this is who we need to contact?

Thanks

Hi Bob. PM me your phone number. I will have one of my direct contacts at Verizon help you out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cwswine said:

Maybe I not understanding the deal.  I have a single line with 5g for data plan that base cost before taxes is 60.00 bucks a month.  Ask what a Unlimited plan upgrade would cost and was told 20.00 bucks a month for a total of 80 bucks a month plus taxes.  I check it out on Version website and what the sales guy me told is correct.   I can use my smart phone as a hot spot so what are the advantages of Jetpack over using the phone has hot spot?  Why wouldn't I just added the Unlimited plan for 20 bucks to my phone that need anyway?

I don't see any similar plan when I go to My Verizon.  I have a 4GB plans for $50/month (shared by 2 phones).  To move to either of the unlimited plans would raise my monthly to at least $130 (there is also a $160 plan).  An extra $20 would only get me up to 8GB (L plan.....i.e. Large) and you need a U plan for Unlimited (limited to 22GB before network optimization).  Oh yeah, it's also limited to 15GB if you use a MiFi device or your phone as a hotspot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wkdwitch   

For those of us on the road, is there provision within this registration/sign up with Verizon to use a one time, temporary, mailbox storefront address to receive the JetPack that is NOT the FMCA and visa billing address? Instructions do not address receipt of that two day shipped device after enrollment and being in Texas enroute to AZ with perm. addresses in DE this could result in a real logistics nightmare. Would appreciate hearing on this forum from anyone who has done this, and the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am an existing Verizon customer and, after signing up through the Verizon/FMCA portal I waited for the email I was supposed to receive from Verizon in "24 to 48 hours".  After not receiving the email, I went on the MY Verizon webpage and got in to a chat session with Verizon Customer Support.  They had no clue what I was talking about.  I called the number provided to contact Verizon in the FMCA instructions.  Once again, the person answering my call never heard of the program.  She spoke with a supervisor who had heard of the program but they could not help.  Their advice:  keep on waiting for the email that will contains a "code" that I can use.  Still no email.  Something is amiss with this program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now