RSBILLEDWARDS

FMCA Roadside Assistance

Well I just called GS and according to the two people I spoke with they still have the Standard plan and no Premium+. The web site currently advertises 3 plans and all are on sale for newbies. But the current premium plan has no coverage for cargo or Flatbed trailers. After pulling the plug and purchasing the Coach Net plan, the gal from FMCA called Janet back to correct herself on the question of does FMCA's plan cover cargo and flat bed trailers to say YES... These people need to get the **** answers and information straight the first time around. I guess it is just our society today, Mediocrity abounds these days and everybody accepts it. It is quite apparent in many of the writings on forums across the board. Her lack of correct info just cost me $180  Just sayin sorry for venting   b

I'm sorry but it seems to me as if the FMCA program is in a steep learning curve for whatever reason. As I recall, someone posted they called FMCA RSA for a lock out and was told "thats not covered for motorhomes" but then a few weeks later they recanted their story. I'm not prepared to go with any company that answers their business number with a message for me to leave a message and we'll get back to you in 24 hours. 

1 hour ago, manholt said:

I'm seeing a trend here, that does not give me a "warm fuzzy feeling"!!! 

Soooo many things going through my mind with Carl C. getting "a warn fuzzy feeling" :wacko:   :P

Herman

jleamont   
7 hours ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

I would agree 100% frustrating to say the least when you want to spend money you really do not want to spend and then get this kind of service, or is this service 

its the world today Bill. I sent a roadside service out yesterday for a trailer with no stop lights at a scale house, 3 hours later I get a call they cant figure out what's wrong, here is the response "its not the tractor, we have stop lamp signal coming down the cord, and its not the trailer either, those lights will light up when we send power to each light" :o. It doesn't take a mechanic to see where the problem is but he couldn't understand. I'm certain when I got done with that guy he went home and is considering a career change.

And of course if LEO is involved they will often step in long before any roadside assistance program even has time to pick up the phone. When our previous coach was involved in an accident, the trooper only allowed me about 5 minutes to try and get in touch with a tow. After that he stepped in and contacted their local go-to guy who showed up before I could even get roadside assistance on the phone.

Oftentimes reality trumps whatever plans we make. I do what I can to be prepared, and then I try my best not to stress when things turn out differently.