Rewillia

Making it Personal - Do you have an RV Motto?

Recommended Posts

Rewillia   

Do you have a RV Lifestyle Motto? 

Our RV lifestyle motto is "Finding the Roads that Await Us"...and after having seen the "Crown" emblem screen door signs Newmar places exclusively on it's King Aire model we liked the "idea" of it and had our own personal version made as shown below. Lydia came up with the idea of the compass which she found on-line then we just added the wording and had it made.

The sign is laser cut mirror finish stainless steel adhered to the screen door frame using 3M double-sided tape and whereby the screen door remains fully functional.

IMG_4265.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TBUTLER   

No matter where we go, we're home!

A second motto applies to our winter residence, "You're never too old to have a happy childhood."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just thought of a good one. Eat well and travel often.:P

I have always liked the one Roosevelt had for the Rough Riders, "There is no place as to far and no such thing as to ready.":D

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We live with 2  Motto's  

Every Day is a good day,but one needs to remember that some are better then others !

Every sunrise is a gift and every sunset is a blessing !

A Great New Year to all !

Rich and Lois.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mailman   

"I BREAK DOWN IN THE DRIVEWAY, NOT ON THE HIGHWAY."

 

The most important thing is a check of the system before departing any trip.

Tim

Winnebago Itasca Cambria Class C 2014

I started camping on the ground. We are all people First.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jleamont   
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, Rewillia said:

Do you have a RV Lifestyle Motto? 

Our RV lifestyle motto is "Finding the Roads that Await Us"...and after having seen the "Crown" emblem screen door signs Newmar places exclusively on it's King Aire model we liked the "idea" of it and had our own personal version made as shown below. Lydia came up with the idea of the compass which she found on-line then we just added the wording and had it made.

The sign is laser cut mirror finish stainless steel adhered to the screen door frame using 3M double-sided tape and whereby the screen door remains fully functional.

IMG_4265.JPG

I love that! Looks great :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bosun   

“Living life like someone left the gate open!”

 

Patrick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holligan, (couldn't resist) the gate was left open and everyone went as far south from SC as they could. I saw where is was very cold out on the East Coast. Hope you warm up soon.

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed in the OP the entry steps are a Corean, Granite or some other Hard surface material. It looks as if there is some sort of non skid on them. Maybe he can show the entry steps to the Topic about remodeling your entry steps.

Ernie made a comment about hard surfaces.

Sorry to move away from the Topic.

Herman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manholt   

Herman.

Due to weight factor, IMHO it looks like Corian, with the sand paper or knobby rubber insert.

Rick, I do like your screen door insert and suspect it adds a lot off stability!  My kick plate fell off, busted rivets, have been looking for a replacement...thank you! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have ' living the dream' on the front of our coach and we really feel like we are....except when it is this cold for this long then its living the frozen dream...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mypopslou said:

We have ' living the dream' on the front of our coach and we really feel like we are....except when it is this cold for this long then its living the frozen dream...lol

Living in the North country my whole life , we where taught that cold  weather builds character.  Thing is if it's real cold for to long the character can get a little grumpy!

Happening more as the years go by and skiing and Snowmobiling are not as much fun.

Rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jleamont   
1 hour ago, DickandLois said:

we where taught that cold  weather builds character

There's my new MOTTO :lol:, that might take a while for me to accept.....glass half full B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wolfe10   
4 minutes ago, jleamont said:

There's my new MOTTO :lol:, that might take a while for me to accept.....glass half full B)

Oh, stop whining, or is that wineing.  You can always fill it up...... again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jleamont   
12 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

Oh, stop whining, or is that wineing.  You can always fill it up...... again.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh, stop whining, or is that wineing.  You can always fill it up...... again."

Only if it is a good vintage. :o Well ok if you insist. 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If cold weather builds character, does it mean all the snowbirds who flock south at the first cold snap are lacking in character? I've met some pretty interesting characters from north of the Mason Dixon line and most had what appeared to me to have descent character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rewillia   
On January 8, 2018 at 5:39 AM, hermanmullins said:

Just noticed in the OP the entry steps are a Corean, Granite or some other Hard surface material. It looks as if there is some sort of non skid on them. Maybe he can show the entry steps to the Topic about remodeling your entry steps.

Ernie made a comment about hard surfaces.

Sorry to move away from the Topic.

Herman 

Herman, et al...the steps are OEM and appear to be a Corian-type scratch resistant material (similar to countertop surface material). The steps do have a non-slip rubber mat insert in each of the steps albeit we had custom floor and entryway carpets made. The carpets we had made have a rubber, non-slip backing on them as well as having serged edges (similar to binding) which ensures they will not come unravelled. We had the made by making cardboard templates and taking them to North Texas Carpet Binding Inc. who has a large inventory of carpeting including remnants which work perfect for such a project and have been using them now for well over a year. All in,  the large cockpit area & 3-interior steps mats (in a remnant color close to the color of our flooring) together with 3-exterior step carpet mats (in black) cost us $365.00 for the 7pcs. in total including shipping to our home.

We really like them and they work well as they are easy to remove and clean and help to keep the rest of our flooring (all tiled) clean.

https://www.northtexascarpetbinding.net

Here are some photos of the complete set as well as with the rugs in use...

 

 

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now