jenmacias2015

New Water Pump Will Not Prime

So I've browsed through some of these topics already, but I have a unique situation.  Our water filter broke on the water pump, which means it was at full suction.  It was the original on our 2002 Bounder 31W, so of course they don't make that model anymore.  I bought a new water pump thinking this would fix everything, well now I've run into the issue that it won't draw water from the tank.  I hooked it up independently and it did pull water from a bucket.  How would I have a crack in my line just from changing pumps?  

Anyone else have this issue?

I also let it run for a while, and it still didn't work.

It will pressurize when hooked up to city water.

Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, jenmacias2015 said:

So I've browsed through some of these topics already, but I have a unique situation.  Our water filter broke on the water pump, which means it was at full suction.  It was the original on our 2002 Bounder 31W, so of course they don't make that model anymore.  I bought a new water pump thinking this would fix everything, well now I've run into the issue that it won't draw water from the tank.  I hooked it up independently and it did pull water from a bucket.  How would I have a crack in my line just from changing pumps?  

Anyone else have this issue?

I also let it run for a while, and it still didn't work.

It will pressurize when hooked up to city water.

Thanks!!!

Jen, you do have an air leak in the plumbing system. The fact that the pump works moving water from a bucket - eliminates the pump.

Questions

Is the pump mounted higher then the water supply point for the pump? 

Have you connected the coach to a city water supply? If so does everything work normally?  with no leaks?

When the pump and water filter was installed - did you use some Teflon tape on the threaded connections? 

By chance is there a shutoff valve between the supply side of the pump and the water tank, also, is the plumbing set up with bypass plumbing that allows you to fill the water tank from city water? 

Leaving this by pass valve open just a little, would prevent the pump from priming? 

Even the smallest leak can prevent the pumps from priming.

Rich.

Jim, you are right. When I was getting ready for a trip I had put some water in the tank and was going to wash my hands after putting the hose away and the pump would run but no water. I said some unpleasant things before I found the valve in the wrong position.

Bill

I think this is one of those things that isn't in the documentation and when you ask the factory they say well everyone knows that.:P

Now I hope that is the problem for the OP.

Bill