Outside Portable Pet Fencing
Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:37 AM
Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:06 PM
2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Workhorse Chassis - 8.1 Vortec
Towing Isuzu Rodeo 4 down with Blue Ox
Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:25 PM
Dog-show people call these things excercise pens (x-pens for short) and you can get them at all kinds of places - even Walmart. If there are any dog show in your area, they usually have vendors welling all this stuff. We show Alaskan Malamutes and during the 30 years or so we have been showing, we came to a few conclusions:
1. Regardless of how small a dog is, if you try to set up an x-pen without a top, the dog will move the x-pan around. This is probably not an issue for you, but if you purchase some panels to go along with the x-pan, you can make a top. This might also discourage Wiley Coyote.
2. X-pens are (typically) made up of eight 2' panels. You use snaps to connect the first and last panel. Some (the ones we use) are eight 2' wide panels which are connected. One of them has a door. We find that this is more secure, for our big mutts, but you probably won't need that type.
3. Get good-quality snaps (the brass ones are best) to connect the ends and the top, if you get one.
4. Get a good-quality stainless steel water bucket (they make little ones for dogs) and be sure to clip it to the side of the x-pen, or your puppy will knock it over.
5. Invest in a mat to go under the x-pen, or your puppy will either dig in the grass, or get dirty from the backtop depending on the surface.
Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:34 AM
Lonnie, enrolled member of the Sovereign Comanche Nation
Hazel, captive British Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.
Fleetwood Discovery 39S
Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:29 AM
We have portable fence that is 4 feet high. it is held in place with tent stakes. Our large Golden used to stand up against it and it never moved. It is available at Pet Smart Stores. It is called show pen and comes in sections.
I recently saw a motorhome in our campground which had a portable fencing system that surrounded the entire awning area. It was only about 18 inches high so you could step over it. I just bought a toy poodle and it would be just what I need to sit out with her. Does anyone know where I can get this type of portable fence system? I checked all the major Pet Stores. I believe the people got it on line.
Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:03 PM
BabyDoll, Mangas & Beans
2008 Honda CRV
Full Time, all the time
"The body achieves what the mind believes"
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users