Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Motorhome Front Bra Replacement

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 petermartinu270

petermartinu270

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

I am considering modifying my coach's headlights this spring at Xtreme Paint & Graphics in Nacogdoches, TX. But, the modification will render my current bra obsolete. I really like using the bra for protection, especially during long highway trips. Has anyone purchased or replaced their front bra that can offer a place to get a new bra made?

Peter & Beth Martin
97 Foretravel U270
Cincinnati, OH

#2 helene.roch

helene.roch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Try Coastline Cover Company: www.coastlinecover.com

800-216-1664 or 909-390-5341

They do all kinds of covers and custom work.

#3 TBUTLER

TBUTLER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:18 AM

Before we set out for Alaska in 2006 we called Coastline Cover Company and made an appointment to bring our motor home to their facility. They hooked us up to electric and we spent the night. The next morning they went to work and by late afternoon we had a bra for our motor home and our toad. They gave us excellent service and we have a very good set of bras for our vehicles.

Tom and Louise Butler
2004 Monaco Windsor, Cummins 400 ISL
Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar, Brakemaster, GMC Acadia, BikeE Recumbent Bicycles

After 9 1/2 years full time in our motor home and being Winter Texans we are now living at Sandpipers Resort in Edinburg, Texas. Now we are Summer Chickens!

"The tipi is much better to live in; always clean and warm in winter, cool in summer, easy to move... If the Great Spirit wanted men to live in one place he would have made the world stand still." -- Flying Hawk, South Dakota Oglala Sioux

#4 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

I am considering modifying my coach's headlights this spring at Xtreme Paint & Graphics in Nacogdoches, TX. But, the modification will render my current bra obsolete. I really like using the bra for protection, especially during long highway trips.

Has anyone purchased or replaced their front bra that can offer a place to get a new bra made?

Check out mcdinnovations.com [Motor Coach Designs Innovations]
They are in McKinney, TX. If you have your coach done in Nacogdoches it would be a couple of hours up to McKinney. They have parking for customers on site. They might be able to incorporate your old bra with the new one. Check them out .

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#5 petermartinu270

petermartinu270

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Check out mcdinnovations.com [Motor Coach Designs Innovations]
They are in McKinney, TX. If you have your coach done in Nacogdoches it would be a couple of hours up to McKinney. They have parking for customers on site. They might be able to incorporate your old bra with the new one. Check them out .

Thank you all for your recommendations. I'll try MCD as they seem to be the practical location as I'll be closer by than Calif.
Peter & Beth Martin
97 Foretravel U270
Cincinnati, OH

#6 petermartinu270

petermartinu270

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

I just called Foretravel of Texas & MCD Innovations and neither makes the front bra any more. Any more sources out there? I'm going to research the Northern Indiana area for a nice Amish family that may want to takle this job...Know anyone?
Peter & Beth Martin
97 Foretravel U270
Cincinnati, OH

#7 garykd

garykd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hi petermartinu270,
Consider Googling "motor coach bra"

There will be choices for you to contact.
Gary
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910
Cummins ISC 330 HP, 950 FT LBS Torque
Tow With Tow Bar & Dolly (not at the same time)
Coach & Towed Combined Weight Is 37K lbs.
NKK Life Member
FMCA
GS Life Member
Passport America Life Member
The States Visited Map Is Our Second Time Around

#8 petermartinu270

petermartinu270

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

I've found a solutiion that is relatively close to me for the front bra replacement. The company is Fancher's Upholstery, Inc. in Ypsilanti. MI. Here are the details... http://fanchers.com/16/Contact_Us.htm
Peter & Beth Martin
97 Foretravel U270
Cincinnati, OH

#9 klindholm

klindholm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

I am considering modifying my coach's headlights this spring at Xtreme Paint & Graphics in Nacogdoches, TX. But, the modification will render my current bra obsolete. I really like using the bra for protection, especially during long highway trips.

Has anyone purchased or replaced their front bra that can offer a place to get a new bra made?

Check with Lazydays RV in Seffner (Tampa) Florida....they have an on-site company that can custom make your bra to fit perfect. I can't remember the name of the company, but they do nice work like custom floor mats etc.

#10 1papaone

1papaone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

Here is a link to Wade RV in Seffner, FL at Lazy Daze. www.waderv.com .

Have seen their work. Very nice , quick and reasonable.

#11 dennysnine

dennysnine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

We have a bra that was on our 2005 American Tradition, we don't like bras, we like our Lexan shield better, our bra is in great shape and we will sell it for $50 if interested.

#12 RTinVa

RTinVa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Being new to the Class A owners group, I have seen coaches with a clear plastic "bra".  I like these because you can still see the front of the coach design but was wondering if it is difficult to clean road dirt from behind and wasn't sure about the method used to fasten it to the coach.  Any opinions for or against on these and why?

Thank you for any and all replies.  Take care.

Rich & Carin

Warrenton, Virginia

2014 Fleetwood Expedition 38B,

2010 TSX on the Kar Kaddy SS in back.

Life is good!!

#13 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Rich,

Are you asking about the 3M clear plastic film that is applied directly to the paint or the clear lexan/plastic pieces that stand off from the front of the coach?

The 3M product looks good for a couple of years and then starts cracking and yellowing.  VERY difficult to remove without damaging the paint underneath.

The stand off products usually have quick releases to allow quick removal for cleaning.

As to whether these products are a good idea is very dependent on where you drive. If in areas where there is a lot of sand or gravel on the road, probably a worthwhile consideration. 

Of course another option for probably the same or less money would be to have the lower portion of the nose repainted every couple of years.

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

#14 TexasSkunk

TexasSkunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

I have personally seen two coaches with the 3M front "invisible mask".  On both it had been installed 8-10 years ago.  It was a God-awful mess.  Cracked, yellowed and ugly and impossible to remove.  Decal remover would not budge it, heat would not soften it and it laughed  at  a pressure washer.  One owner decided to just live with it, the other had color matched Rhino-Coat bed lined sprayed overt it at a cost around $3000.00. Oh 3M's answer?  Its out of warranty, sorry!

#15 Allegiance40x

Allegiance40x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

We have Diamond Shield Protective Mask on the front of our MH, doing fine so far:

www.diamond-shield.com/index.cfm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users