tmoning

National Fishing License

I've wasted a lot of time with our Senators and Congressmen over the years about reciprocity on fishing and hunting. Especially or 100% Disabled Vets.

Remember when out of state fishing license was either seven or eleven dollars?

Most of Alaska is Federal Lands and Waters, as are good portions of most western states.

We pay for most or all the operations including stockings and mangement  but are not entitled to any of the use...except by paying for it through the nose, a lot more than State Residents. Alaska now is way over 100.00.

And in our State for Resident combined hunting and fishing and tags for trout and deer are approaching 200.00 for Residents.

The new theory well I won't get into the infuriating political/ business mess.

The States's Residents don't want us hunting or fishing there at all...except for outfitters and guides. 

The States way to keep us out or limit our numbers is with outrages our prohibitive costs.

They claim their Taxpayers foot the bills, so they should enjoy the resources. We should play the difference plus. It is not equitable. We pay way more than small populations, of those states, for our Federal Lands and Fisheries but cannot enjoy them. Even total disability in service, protecting those states as well as our own and our Federal Lands and Waters and Resources in them, doesn't make any difference.

TXiceman   

Our Congress has no concern about seniors wanting to travel and fish.  I have given up writing them

Ken

manholt   

TT, Ken.

I too have given up!  Have sent numerous requests to the Senator from Texas & spoken to him...promises, promises.  All falls on Deaf ears!!  One has to remember, they are all Lawyers!:angry:

TT.  What State is $200?  I want to stay away from that one! 

On 3/5/2018 at 5:01 AM, manholt said:

TT, Ken.

I too have given up!  Have sent numerous requests to the Senator from Texas & spoken to him...promises, promises.  All falls on Deaf ears!!  One has to remember, they are all Lawyers!:angry:

TT.  What State is $200?  I want to stay away from that one! 

This is not accurate but about 180.00 or so for fishing and hunting, trout stamp, big game stamp I understand. Then there is archery stamp for deer, Wildlife mgt area stamps, some trout stream permits, turkey stamp, then migratory bird stamps,including one  for doves, now. I can look it up but I'm lazy this evening. A of them if you hunt and fish or every thing is past 200.00. Now to operate a canoe or kayak you have to have a boating safety certificate, and maybe registration numbers but don't quote me.

When I was young 3.00 for just fishing, 7.00 for hunting an fishing and no special stamps for archery, muzzle loader,  trout, deer or anything. And no boating registration until I was a teenager. Fishing in your own county with bait didn't coat anything, and hunting an fishing on your own land, idn't cost anything. And under 16 nothing.

This is Tn.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:45 AM, JHartmangruber said:

For anyone asking the feds to take over the fishing industry... Please seek psychiatric help immediately!!!!:wacko:

Fishing Industry! Our public Lands!

That sound like Zinke. He is going to double cost and end free passes except or Disabled and Disabled Veterans. He thinks our National Treasures exist for the profits of Big Business.

We pay our taxes to support our National Parks, Fisheries, hatcheries, National Forest and any and all infrastructure for Citizens. It is ours not his Industry or the Park Operators or Big Business. He  wanted to eventually sell BLM lands to Cattle Ranchers, but I understand he realizes  that they only pay pennies  per head to graze our lands and for Elk Buffalo,competition  to be excluded, and any and all predators to be killed, or poisoned.

I they own it they would have to pay taxes. He still favors giving or selling it to them. IMO.

Better be taking to everyone in Washington, or expect to 80.00 per head and commercial rates for RV camping+.  in Yellowstone and everywhere else. IMO

manholt   

JH. Welcome to the Forum!

Your correct! :)  Problem is, most folks don't have a clue, witch Department handles what?  So, it's all lumped under one terminology! :( That still does not mean that they are wrong either!

One License would be nice, but there are 50 States and each one has their own agenda, that's the way it's set up & it's not likely to change anytime soon!

TT, I have no idea what you just wrote, it's meaning or who is "Zinke" ? :blink: 

14 hours ago, manholt said:

JH. Welcome to the Forum!

Your correct! :)  Problem is, most folks don't have a clue, witch Department handles what?  So, it's all lumped under one terminology! :( That still does not mean that they are wrong either!

One License would be nice, but there are 50 States and each one has their own agenda, that's the way it's set up & it's not likely to change anytime soon!

TT, I have no idea what you just wrote, it's meaning or who is "Zinke" ? :blink: 

Secretary of the Interior.

In regard to this subject I will attempt to post this link to Zink's direction.

It is not inclusive as a more insulting interview he gave to Outdoor Life.

Everyone except Military and Disabled Vets would have to pay and much more.

At east he demonstrates some appreciation of our Military.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/378220-zinke-too-many-people-can-enter-national-parks-for-free

manholt   

TT.  Tried Link, all I got from Google, was page not found.  I did get a whole screen infomercial about a "Salty Pretzel"!