Jump to content

Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Create a sign-in account to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you can create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in.
FIRST-TIME USERS: For your login to carry over to the Forums, you must first sign in on the FMCA.com main site, log out, and then sign in again.

- - - - -

License Requirements for Class A Motorhomes

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dstand534



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Location:Taos, NM & Indio, Ca
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

Can anyone out there educate me on the exact type of license an individual should have when driving a Class A motorhome in general? In particular a 43 or 45 foot with tag wheels? Thanks, David
  • 0
David & Judy Standridge
43 foot Newmar Dutch Star
Taos, NM and Indio, Ca

#2 wolfe10


    Advanced Member

  • Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
  • Location:League City, Texas

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:50 PM


There is no national policy or license requirement. The state in which your RV is registered dictates the type of license required.

Here is another thread on the same issue: http://community.fmc...unds/#entry3910

  • 0

Brett and Dianne Wolfe
2003 Alpine 38'
Moderator, FMCA  Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011- Present
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009 and 2014-2015
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)




  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

I have an IL license for motorcycle and Class A, which is normally what everyone get for cars. Check the back of your license -- the state of IL does have a weight restriction for Class A License, so check your weight class. X TO GO
  • 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users