Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo

Pilot Flying J - Official Info

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 bm02tj

bm02tj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

FlyingJ does not work for you in Canada and this was confirmed by Jeremy Beal from PilotflyingJ so I will by fuel from someone else.

#62 Koliver

Koliver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

? Worked fine in Chilliwack BC. last I checked, still part of Canada.

#63 Guest_BillAdams_*

Guest_BillAdams_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Flying J is just not getting it! I don't know why, but they just can't seem to get all of their stations on track. We were on our way to Quartzsite the last week in Jan. and stopped at the Flying J in Ehrenburg, AZ. We went to the truck pumps but due to the AZ truck tax had to go inside. The clerk said if we used the truck pumps we could not get the cash price. I told him he was mistaken and he said his boss told him this exact information that every day. Whatever, let me fill up, I have got to go. We got to QZ and stopped by the Flying J booth at the RV show and they agreed that this was incorrect bu they would get it all worked out with the regional. OK, one more store on target. 2 days ago we returned to this same location and decided not to try to fight the truck pump issue (be it fixed or not) and went to the RV side instead. Swipe the CC, swipe the FJ card and life is good. Then, the pump cuts off at $75. I need to fill a 200 gallon tank and the pump is going to cut off every $75? Why am I bothering with this nonsense? So I go through the drill 3 times to get enough fuel to dry camp for a few days and try to make my way to Eloy (I know, I am a glutton for punishment) to fill up before we park for a month or so. As I look at the 3 $75 receipts, 2 are at $3.88 and one is at $3.91 (no RV .03 discount). Seriously? I did all the same steps all 3 times but one didn't register the credit? I know, I know, it's my fault, I didn't do it right that time!
Nothing seems to have changed from when this mess first started and I still don't seem to be able to see any resolution at the end of the tunnel. I have tried and tried and tried and it just doesn't get any better.

#64 lmsooter

lmsooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

For anyone who is a member of Good Sam, check out the new Pilot Flying J RV Plus Charge Card. According to the description, it should eliminate all the hassle we currently have trying to swipe one card, then another card and then worry about different procedures according to what lane we choose. We shall see - I just received my card and will try it in the very near future. If I get my $0.06 discount off the cash price it will be great.
Leary and Sandra Sooter
2006 Alfa See Ya
2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade
Roadmaster Falcon 2 Towbar
Brake Buddy Vantage

#65 bm02tj

bm02tj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Maybe Pilot Flying J can print an official letter to be handed to any pump jockey that says this does not apply to them and have them fill out name location (station #) and reason discount is declined with invoice number and number of gallon or liters so we can sent in for a refund and have proof of transaction

the reply to my email I sent Feb 14 ;and replied by Jeremy Beal from PilotflyingJ

on Feb 15 2012

The RV card will only work in the US and there is a list you can download on pilotflyingj.com.

Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:55 PM
To: RV
Subject: up charge for credit cards in Canada

I will be renewing plates for my Renegade motor home beginning of march and heading from Kamloops BC to Moab Utah

the third week

last time I fueled in Kamloops ( 847 ) they charged extra and told me the discount had changed

is there a paper that shows which stops have discounts and does it only apply to company owned ones

Thanks Bruce

Email

Ph 250-828-xxxx

fax 250-377-xxxx

#66 bm02tj

bm02tj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

I just looked the rep that started this post has not been on for 4 to 5 months oh well they must not be to interested in our business

#67 Planocat

Planocat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

joelashley:

You sure didn't deserve that kind of response.

IMHO, johnfv2 and PFJ both have issues and I could live nicely without either one.

Planocat F89699

"The Rodney Dangerfield of RVing"

I have the age, when do I get the wisdom?

#68 Guest_Wayne77590_*

Guest_Wayne77590_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

I can understand why Lindsay has stopped showing up. Just about every forum that the PFJ information has been posted on, PFJ gets bashed.

At least they are trying to do something for the RV community. If it doesn't work at a station, report it to PFJ and don't bash them on a forum. A whole bunch of negativism and we can all pay full price.

Thanks PFJ. In 20,000 + miles I have only had one incident at a pump. And that station was an independent station.

#69 Guest_BillAdams_*

Guest_BillAdams_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

If I remember correctly, Lindsey has dropped out but the "leader" of the thread is now (or was) Garykd. I don't know if that's still the case or if there even needs to be a leader since most everything has been addressed somewhere in this thread.

#70 Planocat

Planocat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

All I know is that we have stopped at Pilot or FJ going to and from Canada for the last decade. When I reactivated my long dormant FMCA membership, they sent me the card and instructions on how to activate it. Went to their website and followed their instructions and guess what? The card number produces a message "invalid number" and tells me I can only register it in person at a physical location.

Like I said, they have issues in their system that need correcting. I hardly think that's bashing. It's no big deal, they can keep their 2 cents.

Planocat F89699

#71 ivykrewe

ivykrewe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Do you know when we will receive our PILOT FLYING J credit card?

I applied the day i received e mail.

#72 kingfr

kingfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I find that what works best for us is to pull into a Pilot or Flying J truck lane, swipe the card for pump start, pump the fuel and then go inside and pay. The discounts happen automatically, both getting the cash price on the CC and the .03/ gallon. No problem having to restart the pump at a predetermined limit. I never use the RV lanes unless I need propane. I realize that folks who drive gassers can't do that, but it works for me.

Frank
Kay - Co-pilot
Allie - Beagle

Rascal - Beagle

2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Toad
F294035
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

#73 lmsooter

lmsooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Do you know when we will receive our PILOT FLYING J credit card?

I applied the day i received e mail.

Welcome to the FMCA Forums. Are you referring to the Pilot Flying J Frequent Fueler Advantage card through FMCA? Note that it is not a credit card but a discount card.

The card being offered to Good Sam members is actually a charge card but must be paid in full each month. I was told that those would be received sometime in March.
Leary and Sandra Sooter
2006 Alfa See Ya
2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade
Roadmaster Falcon 2 Towbar
Brake Buddy Vantage

#74 JMonroe

JMonroe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

It's been widely discussed here, and on other forums. The RV lanes are limited by the credit card companies max limit. That depends on the company, some are $75, others are $100. I've talked with the owner of a small truck stop in Wisconsin that I know personally and he explained that if the fuel retailer allows the customer to pump past the limit, which they can choose to do, and there's a problem with the card, the retailer is on the hook for it. At or below the limit the card company guarantees payment to the retailer. Lets face it, the RV lanes not with-standing, 99% of the fuel pumped on that side of the business will fall under the limit.

The truck pumps are handled differently. Pilot / Flying J has made the decision, apparently, to take the risk and allow realistic limits for their high volume customers. Of course remember, to get the pump to start you do have to swipe your Pilot / Flying J card which does have some of your personal identifying information attatched to it (or if a comercial driver, you have to type in your DOT number).

I had a lot of difficulty with the first card issued to me. I got it at the Good Sam rally in Louisville in 2010. I called Pilot / Flying J and they sent me a new card. So far it has worked as advertised at every stop I've made, all east of the Mississippi (I avoid Indiana as their state laws make it a hassle for the RV owner. You have to go into the store and pre-pay).

I'll have the opportunity to try it out west of the Mississippi later this year.
2011 American Revolution 42W
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon toad

Somewhere out there...

#75 JerryPotter

JerryPotter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Gary, If you are still around, I for one appreciate your efforts.

#76 Planocat

Planocat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

Used the discount card for the first time today. I had to register it at a location as it would not accept the card number on line. Simple process.

Swiped credit card, swiped savings card and selected gas grade. 2 cent discount appeared on the pump. Now for some good news regarding card limits. It may just be the location that I was at which was west of Monroe La, but the limits on the pump showed:

Visa $150
Mastercard $100
American Express $100

I only had to go through the process twice to fill up my vehicle. At least it's not the old $75 limit!

Planocat

Planocat F89699

#77 Guest_BillAdams_*

Guest_BillAdams_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

It varies by location. We made the mistake of pulling into the RV lanes in Eloy, AZ and it was a $75 limit.

#78 thestoloffs

thestoloffs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Well, folks, it seems that we can all throw away our Frequent Fueler and MyRewards RV cards. In order to obtain PFJ discounts in the near future, we'll have to become members of that "other" (GS) association. Excerpted from their forum (RV.NET):

"What is the status of the RV MyRewards card?

The old RV Real Value, RV Frequent Fueler Advantage, and RV MyRewards cards will no longer be issued by Pilot Flying J. That being said, all RV loyalty cards currently in use will remain active for the next several months. Going forward, the only way to receive fuel discounts will be through joining Good Sam Club and using either the new Swipe & Save Good Sam Club Membership card or applying for the Pilot Flying J RV Plus Charge Card."

What happened to the relationship between FMCA & PFJ? When Flying J was around, they were at every major Reunion and Regional meeting, and you received an RV FFA or RV MyRewards card automatically in your FMCA membership packet.

Now, PFJ has tied up exclusively with the GS/CW/Affinity organization, and FMCA has lost another major membership benefit.

We originally joined FMCA for many reasons, not the least of which was the free Emergency Medical Transportation Assistance policy, as well as the FJ fuel discounts. Now, FMCA Assist is an option for pay -- which is now included in my CoachNet policy for half the cost of FMCA Assist; and now we're losing the fuel discounts, as well.

It's getting to the point that, if it weren't for our local chapter and regional get-togethers that we enjoy, there's going to be no  reason remaining to stay FMCA members -- and we're 2nd generation members, so we're even more reluctant to leave FMCA!

The Stoloffs
27' Born Free Class C customized for mobility
Coconut Creek, FL

#79 Margok

Margok

• FMCA Staff
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

FMCA has contacted Pilot Flying J and they confirmed that the My Rewards RV cards are being discontinued.  Any active My Rewards RV cards can still be using until January, 2015.  Pilot Flying J is partnered with the Good Sam Club for fuel discounts so FMCA has discontinued promoting this benefit.

The FMCAssist medical evacuation coverage is available to all FMCA members for assistance services.  By purchasing the yearly coverage through FMCAssist and Seven Corners, you receive a plan that covers costs associated with the services.  The yearly fee is $85 for one person or $105 for two people or family.  The coverage is available worldwide and you can travel in any type vehicle so it is not limited to motorhome travel only.

We feel that we have many other benefits that make the membership worthwhile such as the monthly magazine, campground discounts, Michelin tire discount, Fantasy RV Tours and Caravans discount, advocacy, etc.  We feel the most important benefit is the camaraderie and fellowship of the association members.

#80 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Frankly, since the merger, Flying J has ceased to be price-competitive.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/ is my friend.

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users