Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Performance Chips or ECM Reprogramming ISL For More Power

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vgalewick

vgalewick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

My coach has a Cummins 400 ISL, and I am interested in more power and better mileage....who isn't?

There are numerous companies that sell aftermarket "chips" that claim 20-45% more power and 15 to 20% better mileage, for about $700....I spoke with my Cummins service rep, and he was surprisingly positive about it, and told me how his Cummins powered Dodge truck added 200 horsepower with such a "chip"....

He also offered to upgrade me to 425 horsepower for only $125, with the Cummins software package. I am very interested in finding the best possible company to buy one of these from, and I am hoping someone has a good experience and could provide a referral to a good company to buy from...here is a link to one of the companies I have looked at:

http://illinoisdynocenter.org/

#2 vgalewick

vgalewick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

I am surprised that no one has had any information to add to this thread...has no one tried any of these power adders ? I guess I will volunteer to be the 1st and report how well it seems to work...

vgalewick
2009 american allegiance
400 cummins isl

#3 LARRYANelson

LARRYANelson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

I have a 400ISL in a 38' 2003 country couch with 2 slides and a tag axle, I had the computer set up for better fuel consumption. I have gained 5 to 7 ten of a MPG over the last 30K miles, This includes the Colorado mountains, Alaska, Boston/Washington DC, Texas. After this was completed they tested on the Dyno with 395 HP to the ground. The cost was 1K. I am well pleased with the tune, I can run with 500 HP Cummins and 625 Cat's all pulling a vehicles 4 wheel down.

Just for your information I did not really realize the extra fuel consumption and power until I turned over 42,000 miles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users