If you are having problems signing in, please contact webmaster@fmca.com. Thank you.

Photo
- - - - -

HWH Leveling System Won't Store

Leveling System

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bud2chill

Bud2chill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

I have HWH 325 series in my 05 Itasca 33V with Workhorse Chassis.

Can't get all stabilizers up. Usually it is curbside rear that stops about halfway up. All store retractions very slow.

New to this Motor Home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Bud,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

I would call HWH on Monday-- they are very good with troubleshooting (as are their manuals). Most manuals are on-line at:

http://www.hwhcorp.com/service34.html.

There were issues on some jacks with weak return springs-- don't know if your series/year was involved.

HWH 800 321-3494 or 563 724-3396.

Brett

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

#3 Bud2chill

Bud2chill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the help. I will call HWH in the morning. I did download the operator manual for this model.

#4 jimellis

jimellis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

We have HWH with slow retract on our coach. I purchased a 6' crow bar and use it with wooden blocks for leverage to "help" with final retract. Has worked well for last couple years though a little inconvenient.

#5 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Jim, Could you post the Model number of your HWH system ? and the make,model and year of your coach.

Rich.

#6 mmfarmer2012

mmfarmer2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

You might try spraying the jacks with a lubricant right before you try retracking them.  The seals dry out from not being used and a little spray certainly seemed to help mine over the years.

#7 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

We have HWH with slow retract on our coach. I purchased a 6' crow bar and use it with wooden blocks for leverage to "help" with final retract. Has worked well for last couple years though a little inconvenient.

I wouldn't have the patience to do what you do.  I would have to figure out what the problem is and fix it.

#8 AndyShane

AndyShane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

I have HWH 325 series in my 05 Itasca 33V with Workhorse Chassis.

Can't get all stabilizers up. Usually it is curbside rear that stops about halfway up. All store retractions very slow.

New to this Motor Home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just had this problem.  Someone suggested it might be low fluid level, ie the reservoir is at its lowest upon full extension.  Cold temps, dirt, lack of lubrication could all be factors, too.  Good luck.  I hope you have a happier ending than us: I pull the leg tomorrow for repack <sigh>

2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester44 III C13 Caterpillar 525hp with Silverleaf system; using a Roadmaster 2000-1 to pull a Prius, or a CargoCraft Dragster with a Lexus IS250C inside.
Defected from iRV2 in March 2012 after that forum suffered an outbreak of political bullying; once again contributing there as RVNeophytes2 effective Feb 6, 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users