Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Mountain View Arkansas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 neilcarol

neilcarol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

Any recommendations-- places to stay, things to do?

This is a spur of the moment trip because of the storm in the gulf, plans had to change.

How are the road coming from Memphis and going back to St Louis from Mountain View?

#2 wigginsjsr

wigginsjsr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

Roads around Mountain View aren't great. We were there in June. We cut over from Mountain View to 65 and went up thru Branson to Springfield to St. Louis. Road from Mountain View to 65 is narrow, up and down, two lane, but good enough. 65 has some great views between Harrison and Branson. Lots of truck traffic on the interstate from Springfield to St. Louis.

#3 prbrackin

prbrackin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

How did you like Mtn. View, AR? My wife and I really like it because of the music on the square....great mountain and bluegrass picking and singing. We went there for three (3) nights in August and stayed seven nights at the Ozark RV Park.with its friendly people....

#4 AndyShane

AndyShane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

How did you like Mtn. View, AR? My wife and I really like it because of the music on the square....great mountain and bluegrass picking and singing. We went there for three (3) nights in August and stayed seven nights at the Ozark RV Park.with its friendly people....

I just finished four nights at the Ozarks RV Resort at Tablerock Lake, if that is the spot you're talking about.

This is the nicest place we've stayed, ever.  They are owner pads, rented on an as-available basis.  Gorgeous, landscaped, filled with nice people.  

Next visit, we're going to spend the extra $10 to overlook the water, have a place to beach the canoe.

2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester44 III C13 Caterpillar 525hp with Silverleaf system; using a Roadmaster 2000-1 to pull a Prius, or a CargoCraft Dragster with a Lexus IS250C inside.
Defected from iRV2 in March 2012 after that forum suffered an outbreak of political bullying; once again contributing there as RVNeophytes2 effective Feb 6, 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users