Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Full Body Paint Job

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

In June I had my 93 Coachmen Santera painted and it turned out better than I had ever imagined.

It was done by Mike's Custom Painting in Bremen In. I spoke to Mike at the Indy rally and made an appointment to have a couple of small things taken care of on Wed the 5th. Everything was taken care of with a smile. The service is perfect and the paint job comes with a 2 year warranty.

Very satisfied with the job and the service.

#2 RVerOnTheMove

RVerOnTheMove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

2 year warranty on a $10,000 paint job? That doesn't sound very good to me.
Bill

#3 jrwitt

jrwitt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

Why don't you post a few pics of the new paint job?

#4 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Some shops give only 1 year warranty. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to!

#5 patsy613

patsy613

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hi, I have a 1990 Toyota Winnie. 6. auto.

The fiberglass gets covered with fungus?? and I can see that it has had damage in the past. i would like to reseal the windows and paint the siding and the roof. It is the original alum roof. I resealed all the roof seams in 2007-- no leaks so far.

Any suggestions on type of paint, I will do this myself.

Also thought about murals in the blank spaces, rather than paint entire coach, paint type?

#6 JacknKay

JacknKay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I would love to have my coach have a full body paint job, but my wife wants to go to Hawaii instead. Aloha......

Jack & Kay
Tiffin Allegro 28DA
FMCA #341229
Blue Ox Tow Bar
Towing 94 Honda Accord

#7 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Have you coach painted, use your credit card and then fly to Hawaii on your flier miles.  Thats what I did this past fall, as a matter of fact I went twice.  Was there for a couple of weeks over thankgiving and then came home.  2 days latter my sons car broke so I went back to fix it.

#8 paulshryock

paulshryock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

We have a 1965 converted Silver Eagle that we have been working to restore.  It is is excellent shape, but the vinyl stripes were very faded and cracked.  We had them removed and the affected bony panels repainted. 

Now, we need to find someone to take a design concept, complete the detailed design (providing us with proof images), and manufacture new vinyl. 

I had hoped that we could find someone locally (Toledo, Ohio), but no such luck. 

We have found companies who can apply the new vinyl once it has been cut. 

Any suggestions would be MOST appreciated.

#9 Tireman9

Tireman9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

We have a 1965 converted Silver Eagle that we have been working to restore.  It is is excellent shape, but the vinyl stripes were very faded and cracked.  We had them removed and the affected bony panels repainted. 

Now, we need to find someone to take a design concept, complete the detailed design (providing us with proof images), and manufacture new vinyl. 

I had hoped that we could find someone locally (Toledo, Ohio), but no such luck. 

We have found companies who can apply the new vinyl once it has been cut. 

Any suggestions would be MOST appreciated.

Am also in Ohio (Akron) Need to paint my 2008 Coachmen Class-C as the original vinyl was defective (according to Coachmen) but since they will not pay I see no reason to apply more "defective" vinyl. Have rough idea for about 3/4 new paint on the coach portion. The original GM paint on the van chassis is still in great condition.

Do I have to travel to Indiana to get my RV painted?

Retired Tire Design and Quality Engineer (40 years experience).
Retired Professional race car driver.
Retired Police Driving Instructor.
Member, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Delivered Tire Seminar for RV owners & two seminars on Genealogy at FMCA Bowling Green 2009, Madison 2011,

Indy 2012, and Perry 2014

I am scheduled to present two seminars on RV Tires & Three on Genealogy at Redmond, OR  in August

See my blog www.RVTireSafety.com and subscribe if you want notice of new posts.

#10 BillAdams

BillAdams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

If you want it painted by the folks in Bremen, IN then yes!

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users