• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ultratravler

Ultratravler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Does anyone know if there will be any tire vendors at the reunion in Gillette next June?

Thanks.

#2 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

By vendors are you thinking the sale of tires at the event or manufactures putting on a seminar?

I have been to a number of the National Rallies and not seen anyone selling tires, but I have not needed to buy tires at the time.

Rich.

#3 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Actually, at some Conventions there ARE dealers selling and installing tires at the event.

I suspect it is quite early to try to predict who will/won't be at an event next summer.

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

#4 Ultratravler

Ultratravler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

I was wondering about dealers selling, installing tires. Someone told me they have been to several conventions that had venders selling and installing tires. I just thought it would be a good time to compare tires and prices from different dealers, all at the same location. Thanks for the help.

#5 RVerOnTheMove

RVerOnTheMove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

There is often a (one) tire dealer at the National as well as some of the larger Regional rallies. I doubt this would be good tire shopping time, however. Take a look at the FMCA Michelin pricing which can save you many dollars and call local installers for pricing in your area on other brands. The tire folks at the show have a local store as well and are not going to be offering any super specials just to get rid of inventory but rather offering the convenience of doing the work on-site.
Bill

#6 kelliepoodle

kelliepoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I don't know if this would be helpful for anyone, but Montana is next door to Wyoming and there is no sales tax there. When we were full timers, we timed our tire purchases for when we would be near one of the states with no sales tax. You can save almost the price of another tire by shopping in one of those states.
Been there. Done that.
Will most probably do it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users