Photo
- - - - -

Locating FWD Holding Tanks On 04 HR Vacationer 36DBD

leaky drain valve

Best Answer pappyb, 08 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Got diagrams from manufacturer. Traced back and found valve for forward tanks. Will need to make a new access in bottom pan to make access easier for replacement. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pappyb

pappyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

I have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Vacationer with bath and half.

The fwd grey water tank valve leaks by so that when I hook up sewer hose the outlet always has water there. I can see at the drain control station the general direction that the control cable goes but can't see whether the holding tank or the valves are. Where I do I locate the fwd holding tank valves? I have looked in all of the compartments but can't find where the cables go to the valve. The rear holding tank valves are located in the rear left compartment. But unable to find forward tank valves.

Does any one have same issue? I want to locate valves and repair so everytime I hook up I am not dumping holding tank water on ground.

#2 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

This solution might work until one finds out where and how to change the valve.

Read the last entry. http://community.fmc...ter-dump-valve/

Rich.

#3 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Pappy,
Welcome to The Forum.

You have two Tee Handles you pull to dump your holding and gray water. The smaller one is for your gray water. These are your slide valves for each tank. Purchase a valve from your local RV Supply House. Drain the tanks. Use your jacks to raise that side of your coach. Remore the 4 bolts remove and replace the valve. Be sure the two gaskets are in place before you tighten the bolts. You should be good to go.

The reason for tilting the coach is to move any water residue away from the drain.

Good Luck.

Herman

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#4 jrwitt

jrwitt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hey Herman,

Good tip about raising the coach on one side to keep the tank from draining as you change the valve.

I have one other tip: If you crawl under the coach to change the valves, don't lay directly under them. Lay as far to one side as you can reach. I actually know I guy who positioned himself directly under the valve he was replacing. I guarantee you will only make this mistake once!! I ain't saying who he was. :+(

One other suggestion: the valves are cheap. If you replace one, go ahead and replace the other one at the same time. Might keep you from having to it all again in a few months. Almost as easy to change two at the same time as to do only one. Note that the valves are two different sizes so get one of each size when you do the job. They are cheap enough to keep a replacement set on hand. Easy, but dirty, DIY job.

Jack

#5 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

With your cable controlled valve vs a manual valve with T handle, you will need to find the valve itself to determine if this is a cable or valve issue.

To remove the valve, lean the coach TOWARD the side the drain is on with the valve open to drain as much as possible. Then, lean it the OTHER WAY so the valve is now "high and dry" before removing it.

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
2003 Alpine 38'
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

#6 pappyb

pappyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for replies. I find the cable control on the panel but can't trace where it goes once it leaves the compartment for drain controls. This is my problem with the forward tanks only. I can find the valves for the aft tanks.

Once I find the valves I should be able to change valves or lube up the control wire at the valve.

#7 drakeygirl

drakeygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

We have just purchased 2005 HR Vacationer and when my husband tried to fill the city water tank, a drain under the bed area drained everything out, no idea where this comes from or how to shut off.  Need help.

#8 pappyb

pappyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:12 PM   Best Answer

Got diagrams from manufacturer. Traced back and found valve for forward tanks. Will need to make a new access in bottom pan to make access easier for replacement. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users