Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Dinghy Towing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clarinetone

clarinetone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm shopping around to set up my 2010 Chevy Cobalt to be towed behind my 2008 Coachmen Concord TS300. Where in Massachusetts or nearby RI can I get a real good deal on the complete set up? Maybe I'm better off buying all the parts myself and having at least the base plate installed by a professional and I could probably do the rest myself. I know that labor rates are not cheap and it takes about 3-4 hours to install the base plate. Can someone help?

#2 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

I would start by reading the installation instructions for the base plates you are considering so you can decide what brand you prefer.

Then ask the manufacturers for THEIR recommendation for shops that install their baseplates in your area.

Brett

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

#3 Xplorer

Xplorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Here's the link to what it just cost me. It was much less expensive locating the parts, and installer vs,,,,,dealer.

Your mileage may differ.

http://community.fmc...__fromsearch__1

2006 Allegro 34WA Open Roads 8.1L Workhorse W20

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ

TST 507RV TPMS

2009 Brake Buddy Classic

2009 Blue Ox Aventa LX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users