Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Cummins ISC Cold Fuel Leak

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KURTDEN

KURTDEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

I have a Cummins ISC 350.

When it's cold it has a small fuel leak. After it warms up the leak stops. Any ideas what the problem could be.

#2 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

It sounds like a seal issue, but could you tell us where the leak is located. Fuel filter, fuel line, fuel pump area? Thinking the leak is in / or on the low pressure side of the fuel system if it seals up when the engine warms up. The other possibility is a leak in the fuel return path.

Rich.

#3 peterdube

peterdube

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I have a 330 ISC My lift pump did this.It left a spot in the driveway the size of a half dollar. It's an easy fix.Just tighten the 3 1/4" bolts 3/8 of a turn and problem solved!!! Use a 7/16 sprocket with an extension. Can all be done from top of engine. Should take 20 min. Very easy fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

Peter from Maine

#4 KURTDEN

KURTDEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Kurt

#5 KURTDEN

KURTDEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

I checked the 3 1/4 bolts on the lift pump, tightened them and have not had any more leaks. Thanks for the very helpful tip.

Kurt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users