Jump to content

Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Create a sign-in account to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you can create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in.
FIRST-TIME USERS: For your login to carry over to the Forums, you must first sign in on the FMCA.com main site, log out, and then sign in again.

- - - - -

New to Full Timing. What About Address Changes

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pat60


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

We have been rving for years. Sold the farm on Dec28th and will RV full time for awhile we think. Do not intend to do this forever. SO...what do you do about change of address for motor vehicles, insurance, credit cards.

I have subscribed to American Home Base for mail forwarding and they give you an address but do you use that address for important things?
This is confusing and overwhelming especially when it comes to social security, IRS, vehicle registrations, etc. the important things.

We do have commercial property that we rent to the couple that bought our business and I am thinking we could use that address as they said it would be okay with them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

  • 0

#2 itgeekgal



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Location:everywhere
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Yes, we use our mail forwarding address on everything from tax returns to directv bills, the only time we use anything else is when we're at a location long enough to have packages shipped directly to the park (longer than 1 week) and even then our billing address is still our mail forwarding address. Hope this helps, and welcome to the full time world!
  • 0

#3 desertdeals690


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I would use you former business address.
  • 0

#4 ClayL


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Location:Palisade CO
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

You might want to take a look at http://www.alternativeresources.net/ . They have a lot of info that may help you even if you don't use them as a mail forwarding service.
  • 0

Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timer domiciled in SD for 11 years. Now snow birds with a house in western CO
2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N - Workhorse chassis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users