3 replies to this topic

#1 Pat60

Pat60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

We have been rving for years. Sold the farm on Dec28th and will RV full time for awhile we think. Do not intend to do this forever. SO...what do you do about change of address for motor vehicles, insurance, credit cards.

I have subscribed to American Home Base for mail forwarding and they give you an address but do you use that address for important things?
This is confusing and overwhelming especially when it comes to social security, IRS, vehicle registrations, etc. the important things.

We do have commercial property that we rent to the couple that bought our business and I am thinking we could use that address as they said it would be okay with them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Pat

#2 itgeekgal

itgeekgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Yes, we use our mail forwarding address on everything from tax returns to directv bills, the only time we use anything else is when we're at a location long enough to have packages shipped directly to the park (longer than 1 week) and even then our billing address is still our mail forwarding address. Hope this helps, and welcome to the full time world!

#3 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I would use you former business address.

#4 ClayL

ClayL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

You might want to take a look at http://www.alternativeresources.net/ . They have a lot of info that may help you even if you don't use them as a mail forwarding service.

Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timer domiciled in SD for 11 years. Now snow birds with a house in western CO
2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N - Workhorse chassis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users