Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Towing a Scion FR-S ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gilbertb

gilbertb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

I went to Scion dealer to purchase a Scion FR-S to dinghy tow behind my motorhome (among other uses such as sporty driving) since it was listed in the FMCA towable 2013 list. But the manual indicates it is NOT towable (with or without the manual transmission). The dealer said none of the Scion (not just the fr-s) manuals indicate they are towable (with the manual transmission). The dealer is investigating and I gave him a copy of the FMCA listing. Anyone have any info about this???

#2 dougu

dougu

• FMCA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Good morning,

The information we include in the towing guides is provided to us by the manufacturers and gleaned from owners manuals. Scion did indicate that the vehicles listed can be towed four wheels down, although owners manuals were never made available to us. I have asked the PR rep at Scion to look over the list again to determine whether these vehicles can be towed four wheels down. Once I hear back from him I will let you know the towability status of the Scion vehicles listed in the towing guide.

#3 tonychendds

tonychendds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

I am also interested to know if FR-s can be flat towed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users