• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MikeMarie

MikeMarie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

There are a string of speakers that run down the middle of the ceiling in the motor home and there are also two in the bedroom. When the radio in the cab is on, these speakers are in use and controlled by the radio (fading) in the dashboard of the cab. There are also three speakers along the ceiling above the TV in the living room and two more in the couch slide. These speakers never come on and I don't know to what radio or TV they are connected. Any ideas?? There is so much to these RVs that are foreign to me that I am finding a lot that I don't know about. Thanks to those of you who have been doing this for years for your help.

Mike...

#2 Pocono1

Pocono1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Mike,  we have a new Jayco Greyhawk and the speaker system leaves me perplexed.  The TV comes through the TV speakers but DVDs are played through the unit in the dash and use the speakers mounted in the ceiling.  There are a ton of wires behind our TV and I have not had the time to sort them out.  Upon request, however, Jayco did send me a wiring diagram.  Wouldn't hurt to ask them for that.

Jim

#3 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

More than a wiring diagram you need an owners manual. 

#4 Pocono1

Pocono1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

The owners manual does not go into those details.

Jim

#5 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

On most new coaches the dealer does a walk around and explains everything, (That is everything he knows). It is always a good thing to carry a recorder so you can go back over what was said but you may have missed.
On most surround systems there has to be a source for input, amp and speakers. A call to the mfg. for each component might clear up confussions.
When all else fails call the coach mfg. get the engineer on the phone and ask how it works.

Herman

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#6 Bikeman

Bikeman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Mike, don't know if you have solved your speaker issue yet or not.  We have a 2012 Melbourne 29D with a Jensen TV.  I found out for the overhead speakers to work properly you have to set the TV to  AV1. This is performed by using the TV remote on my coach. 

Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users