Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

SW Florida to Red Bay, AL, Best Route?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phaeton2010

Phaeton2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

We will be visiting Red Bay for a repair, what's the best route from I75 North in Florida?

Thanks in advance!

#2 kingfr

kingfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

I10 West to US 231 toward Dothan AL. US 231 to Montgomery, I65 from Montgomery to Birmingham and on to Cullman, AL. AL 157 from Cullman to Moulton, AL. AL 24 from Moulton to Red Bay. Follow signs to Allegro (Tiffin) Campgroud, assuming you are going to the Tiffin Service facility. There are other ways to get there, but this is the most straightforward unless you like driving through Atlanta.

Frank
Kay - Co-pilot
Allie - Beagle

Rascal - Beagle

2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Toad
F294035
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

#3 jpaton

jpaton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Can't tell you the best way to get to Red Bay: but, if you are headed SW when you leave, the Natchez Trace Pkwy is absolutely spectacular. Very similar to the Blue Ridge Parkway, and I do not recall any low bridges.

#4 Phaeton2010

Phaeton2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

thanks to all.....just heard about the dealership in CT that services Tiffin products; we actually met them at the rally in Foxboro, MA but forgot all about them. We've been in contact and they will fix our fiberglass crack much closer to home here in MA. With fuel prices what they are, this is prob a much better option; although we would like to visit Red Bay someday and will keep this info. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users