Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Fogged Windows Repaired

rv fog doctor foggy windows window repair

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buffguns

buffguns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

I recently had to have the windows in my 2006 Fleetwood Discovery repaired due to failing seals and clouded conditions. It seems that Fleetwood had a bad series of windows installed from 2005 to 2007( Made in Mexico) which when the seals dried out, caused severe fogging to occur, which resulted in not being able to see out the windows, expecially when in direct sun. Well fear no more fellow FMCA members, there is a company in Searcy, Ar, which goes by the name "Fog Doctor" and what a class act those folks are! They removed 5 windows from the unit , repaired them by complete disassembly and properly sealing the windows and re-installing them in our unit. All this was done within a day and we were on the road again by mid-afternoon. I know  there several clubs for both Freightliner, and Fleetwood clubs that may have the same problem, but this company was the answer to my problem and judging by the 5 other Fleetwood units there  for repair, it's fairly comman. Its well worth the drive to Searcy, AR, and let those talented people do the repairs.

Clouded No More
Ron Sellers

#2 vtbigdog

vtbigdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

What was the cost?

Regards,

Richard

2003 Safari Trek 3011 W20
8.1 Workhorse / Allison

#3 api100

api100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Cost is a good question! I live in SC.

I have an '05 Revolution with the same problem. I need to repair at least 5 windows.
I also think Fleetwood should share in the repair cost since this is a problem in so many
of their coaches.

This is getting to be a safety issue with the drivers side front window. I often cannot see
in the mirror when I'm backing or switching lanes.

#4 AndyShane

AndyShane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

I had a full set of fogged windows in my 2005 Fleetwood.  It seems to be epidemic among Hehr windows installed in the mid-2000s.  

To me, they didn't seem effectively sealed: two square seals that eventually seperated, allowed moisture in.  

2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester44 III C13 Caterpillar 525hp with Silverleaf system; using a Roadmaster 2000-1 to pull a Prius, or a CargoCraft Dragster with a Lexus IS250C inside.
Defected from iRV2 in March 2012 after that forum suffered an outbreak of political bullying; once again contributing there as RVNeophytes2 effective Feb 6, 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users