4 replies to this topic

#1 srfridley

srfridley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I had one of those aw @#$% moments when leaving a storage lot with my 2006 Winnebago Tour which left me with a broken window on the drivers side living room slideout. Luckily, only the outer panel was broken so I still have an intact inner pane.

Does any one have experience or a recommendation for a repair facility in the Palm Springs, CA area who  "does windows"?

The window frame shows some damage so this is likely more than just a glass replacement.

#2 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

If the frame is damaged I would check with Winnebago for a replacement window.  They are fairly easy to change as an assembly.

#3 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

SR,

Check online for RV Salvage. You may be able to find a complete window, frame and all. As dd69 said check with Winnebago. I would think they might have one but I would wager that it would not be inexpenaive. However checking with them might give you a sence of cost.

Now be careful leaving your storage unit, storage units can be sneaky and jump out when least expected.

Good Luck,

Herman

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#4 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

You might check with Walt's rv salvage in Pomona, the last time I was there I think I saw some windows.  The best source for complete windows was in Elkhart and they auctioned off all of their salvage stuff and went full retail last summer.

#5 Koliver

Koliver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Dave Root is presently in Indio, and has a mobile unit.  He will be at Emerald Desert resort today, to do a couple of windows on a Suncruiser (is that a Winnebago?).  http://daverootrvglassrepair.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users