Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

07'Inspire Air Intake Taking In Water When Driving In Rain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cadiwa

cadiwa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the air filter collecting water spray when driving in the rain?

Wayne Cadieu, 2007 CC Inspire 360, C9 Caterpillar

#2 chp007kd40

chp007kd40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Yes. We have a Horizon 40DP with a side radiator and 8.9 Cummins. I see water stains on the bottom of my air filter every time I have my maint. man change it. The first time I saw this I had him disconnect the the air tube until we didn't see anymore signs of moisture stains in the lines which was about four feet.

I've always commented on what a bad design the low mounted side radiator is for people like us who find themselves on grass, dirt, snow and gravel parking areas. Just saw a dusted motor in Redding with 33K miles and it was not a pretty sight, so I am very careful about who works on my last motorhome.

We travel in the winter also and find the very small volcanic crushed rock they use on the roadways in icy areas stuck in the radiator.

Good Luck!

DC 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users