Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

42' Coaches...Limitations At Campgrounds/destinations?

tag axle parking problems? larger coach restrictions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LarryFreddi

LarryFreddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Getting closer to pulling the trigger on a larger coach (34' now) and we are looking hard at 42-43 footers with tag axles for 6-7 months/yr full-timing.    

Does anyone who has this length coach have some wisdom about what limitations the extra 2-3' and tag axle cause?     I am guessing that the obvious "can't fit in smaller spaces" comes up normally, but are there situations that you have encountered that really made you wish that you had stayed with a standard 40' length?    

Have you been thwarted in any way that you never considered when you opted for the extra size?   

Are there restrictions that you have run into that caused you grief when you got to a park?

#2 Medico

Medico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

There are some parks that you will not fit in. I have a 45 foot coach and really appreciate the extra space. Get a copy of Big Rigs Best Bets, 13th edition. This guide is choke full of parks that do accommodate larger rigs and is constantly being updated. It is available in Print and digital editions. It is a fantastic resource.

FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655

2006 Country Coach Magna (525 HP Cat C13 1650 torque, Alison 4000 6 speed tranny), 2012 Jeep Liberty

CountryCoachMagna1med_zps83669550.jpg

#3 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

A lot of state and federal campgrounds have restrictions as short as 30 feet.  I have a 32 foot DP and have gotten in by fibbing a little.

#4 trophy987

trophy987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

I have not had any problems with ou 42' motor home with tag axle.  Extra room is nice, go for the 42 footer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users