• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 e.broomfield@verizon.net

e.broomfield@verizon.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

There are time when I cannot use my satellite dish and need to use the parks cable TV.  I have a 2010 Winnebago Journey Express and when I hook up to the outside cable, using the correct connection on the coach, I cannot figure out how to get the signal to the TV.  I am reasonably good at figuring things out and this issue seems to defy a solution.  The manual is of little help.  Any assistance would be helpful. 

Ed

#2 kaypsmith

kaypsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

The cable coax must be connected to the tv, and I assume that is. Most newer TV's have an input button on the remote control, and normally on the tv where all the buttons are located. You must set the input to cable, then go to settings in the menu selection. Once you find this, go to cable, and select autoscan channel selection. Choose this setting, and let your tv scan for available channels. When this completes, your tv probably will set itself to the lowest channel number. You should be able to go to any cahnnel from there. Also in looking through the manual, look for any possible switch that must be set to cable. Hope that this is helpful.
Happy trails, Kay

#3 pgoris7223

pgoris7223

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

This is pretty basic.  On my HR MH we have a wall plate from Winegard.  It has a 12v socket, a lighted push button and a 75ohm male connection.  When the pushbutton is pushed and lit it activates an over-the-air amplifier for the TVs.  When it is not pushed it allows the cable signal to get to the TVs.  Hope yours is similar.  I've forgotten this several times out!

#4 ingell@verizon.net

ingell@verizon.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

Your 2010 MH should have TV’s with multiple input modes. 

If the cable is hooked up properly use the TV’s remote to select the correct input.  It should be TV as opposed to SAT or
DVD.  It will depend upon the manufacturer of the TV.  If you do not have the manual you can probably find it online.

I had problems until I discovered the difference in input modes between TV (cable) and on air TV (the blade antenna)

#5 vtbigdog

vtbigdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Can we start with what satellite service you have and what model receiver as well as whether the box as well as your television are High Definition?  Then let us know what zip code you are in as well as whether you have a batwing antenna on the roof.

Cable systems in RV parks are minimal as far a quality is concerned and not necessarily in HD.  You may find HD channels on your batwing, and if you do, you may be able to hook up your antenna directly to your satellite box.  Here is a site that will tell you what is in range of your antenna:

http://transition.fc...gineering/maps/

Regards,

Richard

2003 Safari Trek 3011 W20
8.1 Workhorse / Allison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users