Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Rexhall Electrical Schematics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brandta

brandta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

I am trying to find a source for the coach electrical schematics (Rexhall American Clipper, 2004, Ford F53) which particular attention to all the add-on stuff under the dash.  I have the Ford schematics, but they don't help with the added isolators, etc.

The issue I'm trying to fix is that I don't seem to have the "charge" control signal to the battery isolator which is causing the engine battery to discharge when we are on shore power (safety sensors seem to be connected to the engine battery) and the house battery bank isn't being charged by the engine when driving.  The issue would seem to be the purple wire connected to the isolator, but I haven't been able to find the other end...heck, might not even be the same color.

Any pointers to schematics would be wonderful, but would happily accept any suggestions on were to look for my missing voltage.

Thank you,

Alan Brandt

#2 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hi Alan,

Information on the Rexall wiring is very hard to come by.

Regarding your battery charging and discharging issues I would look into some manufactures of battery isolators that you could install, just replace the existing set up. 

The isolator can have diodes short out internally and then one or the other battery systems Coach 12 volt or Chassis 12 volt will discharge or not charge. Have worked on one system where a internal short in the isolator would allow 12 volts from the coach battery to continue to power the ignition circuit and one had to remove the 12 volt feed to the ignition coil to stop the engine even with the key off.

Rich.

#3 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

What isolator do you have? It sounds like you may have more than one problem.

#4 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

What isolator do you have? It sounds like you may have more than one problem.

I agree.  If battery banks are not isolated AND you are on shore power (so that your converter, charger or inverter/charger is charging the house bank), it would also keep the chassis battery charged.

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

#5 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Alan, I posted a link to some information on a Harbor Freight battery isolator. The file has information on different Alternator set ups and the wiring one might find regarding the connections. This is for reference, not that the isolator size is correct for your  setup, the size (Current wise) of your isolator maybe different. However many isolators are connected or wired very close to what is pictured in the information.

Hope this link might help.

http://images.harbor...93999/93801.pdf

Rich.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users