Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Hi Everyone - New to the FMCA Forums

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bradrm

Bradrm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hi Everyone!

We are Brad and Marsha from Visalia, CA. We joined FMCA last winter and have recently started reading the great forums here to learn from our fellow RV'ers. We are recently retired from farming (Brad) and teaching (Marsha) backgrounds. We bought our first motorhome, a 2007 Safari Simba FRED, two and an half years ago and now we have the time to start using it the way we have wanted to. Many years ago, I made my first extended trip in a pickup with a SixPac camper, to New England and back, traveling east on a southern route and returning across the northern part of the country. That first trip only took seven weeks!

We have made several trips recently to Las Vegas where I grew up, to San Diego, to Paso Robles and to Morro Bay on the central CA coast since we got the coach. We are looking forward to a trip up the CA coast into Oregon later this year after we get Marsha's new Ford Edge ready to tow.

I am a ham radio operator and plan to install one of my old vhf/uhf radios in the coach so that I can ragchew with my fellow hams along the road.

I look forward to participating in the forums here and learning from our fellow FMCA'ers.

Brad & Marsha
2007 Safari Simba 37PCT FRED
Cummins ISB 5.9L 300 HP
2013 Ford Edge
F425121

#2 mrboyer

mrboyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

There is a ham radio chapter you might have common interest.

#3 TBUTLER

TBUTLER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum Brad and Marsha,

I hope that you find RV travel to be as wonderful as we have.  There are so many great adventures out there.  Have fun!

Tom and Louise Butler
2004 Monaco Windsor, Cummins 400 ISL
Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar, Brakemaster, GMC Acadia, BikeE Recumbent Bicycles

After 9 1/2 years full time in our motor home and being Winter Texans we are now living at Sandpipers Resort in Edinburg, Texas. Now we are Summer Chickens!

"The tipi is much better to live in; always clean and warm in winter, cool in summer, easy to move... If the Great Spirit wanted men to live in one place he would have made the world stand still." -- Flying Hawk, South Dakota Oglala Sioux

#4 Medico

Medico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

A hearty welcome to you from Western NY!

FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655

2006 Country Coach Magna (525 HP Cat C13 1650 torque, Alison 4000 6 speed tranny), 2012 Jeep Liberty

CountryCoachMagna1med_zps83669550.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users