Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Safe-T-Plus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lylefikse

lylefikse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

I just installed a Safe-T-Plus on our 40 foot DP.  Seems to work well but haven't used it enough in windy conditions to see if it helps with driver fatigue.  That's why I bought it.

Question.  When driving the motorhome the Safe-T-Plus works fine with plenty of clearance.  Driving with air in the tanks, it sits below the fuel tank with enough clearance.  When parked and leveled (air out of bags), the back of the cylinder rubs ever so slightly on the front of the fuel tank. .  I don't think this will be a problem as it is slight but can't find any adjustment in the installation to give more clearance.  I did buy the right kit to fit our freightliner so please don't suggest another kit.   

Suggestions?

Lyle and Linda Fikse

2007 Damon Tuscany 4072

2013 Lincoln MKS

#2 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

I would check with the mfg to see if they have run into this before.  It may be the correct one for the chassis but not for your model of coach.

#3 lylefikse

lylefikse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Good idea.

By the way, this sounds like and easy install by the directions. 

I am not a small guy, 6 ft  225.  I had all I could do to get this
installed.  The 2 bolts that I had to take off that held the shock on were torqued so tight that I twisted two of my socket extensions in half trying to get them loose.  I borrowed a 3/4 inch socket set from a friend and still needed a cheater bar on that to get the job done.  With the right tools (meaning heavy duty air tools) it would have been easy.     

Lyle and Linda Fikse

2007 Damon Tuscany 4072

2013 Lincoln MKS

#4 lylefikse

lylefikse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Called Safety Plus and they took care of the problem.  They said I had the wrong bracket by mistake (I ordered the correct one as stated on their website for my coach).  They shipped it to a local dealer and they installed the correct bracket at no charge to me.  Customer service rated A+ by me.  Now we have nice clearance.  Thanks Safety Plus!

Lyle and Linda Fikse

2007 Damon Tuscany 4072

2013 Lincoln MKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users