Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Just Made My First Reservation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teamrope

teamrope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

And it happens to be ON a reservation. :)

http://www.quileuteo...ations-overview

Since the wife is a Twi-tard and it is only a 4 hour drive I figured what the hay. Will be there from the evening of the 9th to the morning of the 11th.

Will post pics when we get back.

2005 Coachmen Cross Country 376 DS

2004 Mercury Marauder (Hers)

2003 Mercury Marauder (Mine)

1996 F250 Extended cab 4X4 7.3 Powerstroke/5 Speed

2013 Lowe SS 210 pontoon Boat.

9333566123_cf857b2224.jpg

#2 Wayne77590

Wayne77590

USMC (Ret)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

Enjoy the trip, and the destination.

Wayne, MSgt, USMC (Ret)

2008 Winnebago Destination

2013 Lincoln MKX

#3 TBUTLER

TBUTLER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

We were there last year, didn't stay on the reservation but did spend several days in the village there.  We had a wonderful time, it is a beautiful place and the people are wonderful.  They do a drum circle one night a week and the public is invited.  Go and stay for the evening, a very nice event that will give you great insight into the tribe. 

There is a nice cultural museum that the Makah tribe has in Neah Bay on the NW corner of the Olympic Peninsula.  It is a two hour drive from La Push where the Quileute tribe is located.  The drive is very scenic and the museum is really quite good.

Our plans this summer are completely up in the air but we are hoping to spend some time with the Quileute in La Push in September.  One of my blog entries details some of our experiences with the tribes of the Pacific NW.

I think you will enjoy your visit.  You may want to stay a few more days if the weather is good and you find the people as welcoming as we did.

Tom and Louise Butler
2004 Monaco Windsor, Cummins 400 ISL
Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar, Brakemaster, GMC Acadia, BikeE Recumbent Bicycles

After 9 1/2 years full time in our motor home and being Winter Texans we are now living at Sandpipers Resort in Edinburg, Texas. Now we are Summer Chickens!

"The tipi is much better to live in; always clean and warm in winter, cool in summer, easy to move... If the Great Spirit wanted men to live in one place he would have made the world stand still." -- Flying Hawk, South Dakota Oglala Sioux

#4 teamrope

teamrope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for the well wishes & insights. I wish I could stay a little longer, but I have to go to work on Monday. :(

2005 Coachmen Cross Country 376 DS

2004 Mercury Marauder (Hers)

2003 Mercury Marauder (Mine)

1996 F250 Extended cab 4X4 7.3 Powerstroke/5 Speed

2013 Lowe SS 210 pontoon Boat.

9333566123_cf857b2224.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users