Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Air Pressure Gauge

Brakes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fad847

fad847

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have a 2007 Fleetwood Providence. I am visiting my sister in Rhode Island and parked I her driveway. I have water and cable o sewer hookup. I have to empty the black tank every 7 to 9 days.

On one trip to the dealer to dump the tank, the secondary air gauge started going from zero to operating pressure and back and the warning buzzer starts. I paid for a mobile RV repairman and he could not find anything wrong. So I went to empty the black tank and it started going up and down after driving about 10 miles and was intermittent all the way back but still cannot here an air leak. Any suggestions?

#2 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

fad847, Welcome to FMCA !

This is a thread the covers the problem with the gauges on most Freightliner Chassis.

You can read through the different posts on this thread, but it is most often caused by cold solder joints in the air module. The cost can vary, but you are looking at around $1000 when repaired at the service centers. So shop around!!!

http://community.fmc...rratic-reading/

Rich.

#3 Elkhartjim

Elkhartjim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hi from Aggieland, Rich.

I know this is an older post but thought I would pass along this information.

I had the same low pressure nuisance alarm on my 2008 Freightliner chassis. I called the Freightliner help desk at 1-800-385-4357 and they sent me a new daisy chain wiring harness at no charge that attaches to the dash gauges.

I replaced the harness and I haven't had a problem since.

Gig'em Aggies,

Jim

Jim Sims
2008 38S Fleetwood Bounder DP

Houston, TX area

#4 Walt2137

Walt2137

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Not sure this will help but on the Roadmaster Chassis we have that problem and the solution is to clean the road scum off of the top of the low pressure relay or sensor on top of the front tank the scum shorts out the wires causing a low air alarm.

Walt F191141

2000 Dyn 2013 F150 CC 4X4

Walt F191141

2000 Dynasty 2013 CC F150 4X4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users