Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Coming to America

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paulh

paulh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

We are coming to America winter 2014 and are looking for a RV ideally to borrow.

We have a Winnebago Rialta, we live in Worcester UK and anybody thinking of touring the UK, maybe do a swap.

Paul

try to put more into a day than you take out F150795

#2 huffypuff

huffypuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

The first word that come to my mind is rent.  There are dealers that rent and one of them is Camping World.  Welcome to America!

VisitedStatesMap.jpg?states%5B%5D=AL&sta

Ray & Hana

2006 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador PDQ 40' 10" 

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD used as toad

2012 Cadillac SRX4

1976 Cadillac Coupe deVille

2009 7,000 lbs Carhauler Trailer

#3 paulh

paulh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hi Ray,

We where in Orlando in May this year and we checked out hiring a RV for 3 months and it was going to cost about $30k so it's out of the question.

We could buy a good used Winne for 60k but have trouble with ins as not having a US address.

That's why I was thinking of a swap.

Paul

try to put more into a day than you take out F150795

#4 Wayne77590

Wayne77590

USMC (Ret)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

How long will your stay in the U.S. be?  I met a couple from the London area and they were on a 6 month tour of America.  They were going to rent but found out what you found and that it is to expensive. So they purchased a used RV and the dealer said when they were finished they would buy it back.  Far as I know everything worked out alright and in the end it only cost them some depreciation on the RV. I think it was around $8-12,000 the lost on the 6 months use. Not bad.

Wayne, MSgt, USMC (Ret)

2008 Winnebago Destination

2013 Lincoln MKX

#5 paulh

paulh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Thank Wayne.

I will do that. I was in Camping World Orlando and the sales staff where helpful. Will have to check out the insurance without a US address.

I would like to do a swap if anybody's thinking of touring the UK as we would both save lots of money and help each other with best places to go.

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users