Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Extented Warranty Policies

Best Policy Best Insurance company Best Performance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BJBuzz

BJBuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

I have a new Class A motor home and I am trying to find the best Insurance plan.

I have quotes from the following: Good Sams, ProTec, USA Trave care; AGWS, and XTraride.

Prices for 50000/60000 miles from $3871 to $7090.

All info seems to state almost all the same.

Who has experience with which company performs the best?

#2 gmoreno

gmoreno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • I travel:With children, With Pets

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

In 2010, I paid about $1,800 for a 5 year 55k mile extended warranty through the dealer - Easy Care. My rig too was new. However, My unit is more of an entry level Class A which might explain the lower price tag when compared to your price tag. 

2010 Damon Daybreak Bunkhouse V-10 35' Gas
2003 Toad, Land Rover Discovery

Blue Ox Base Plate, Falcon All-Terrain Tow Bar

#3 cinusty

cinusty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Anyone have problem with Star Interstate Warranty ( Diamond). Purchased this and my Class A Motorhome. Step began to retract slowly then eventually would not go in without coaxing. The RV Dealer stated a Bushing Issue caused by some Pin eventually stripped threads and the step proceeded to get worse with use. After calling for an Authorization, the Star Interstate RV Warranty said they would not pay for it because a Bushing (FELL out) , Excuse me... So is it my fault it FELL out. I am contacting my Attorney after authorizing the RV Dealer to repair at my cost while I fight it. I AM Fighting it!!!, Has anyone had this kind of problem with the Warranty that seemed SO popular. They were actually rude on the phone even after WE Offered to send them the Old step to verify the situation.... BTW I have a 2010 Forest River Mirada Class A.

#4 huffypuff

huffypuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Xtra-ride is what we got and we used it twice in the year we had it with no problem.  They fixed a broken slide when we were in Alaska last summer and the tach in the spring.  

At Redmond, OR

Ray & Hana Huffman

2006 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador PDQ 40' 10" 

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD used as toad

2012 Cadillac SRX4

1976 Cadillac Coupe deVille

2009 7,000 lbs Carhauler Trailer

#5 WILDEBILL308

WILDEBILL308

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

BJBuzz,

Welcome to the forum congratulations on your new coach. I would take that $6000 and put it in a savings account. You have a new coach and you have a warranty I would defiantly get Coach Net in case you have a flat or need a tow.

http://www.coach-net.com/

I did not by an extended /add on warranty. I would be considered the perfect person to sell one to as my coach is used and had no warranty. The reason is I read several and the disclaimers were such that they could deny nearly any thing. The deductibles were also high. I decided to self insure. So far I have had 1 claim against my self for a convection micro wave. I changed it out for $460.00. I have read several plans where the deductible was more than that.

Bill   

2003 Bounder 38N
5.9 Cummins
Allison 3000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

#6 Jmac1947

Jmac1947

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm wanting to purchase extended Service Warranty for my 2006 Winnebago 33V Adventurer with 17,500 miles.  Has anyone had good experience with any of two company's that I do have a quote.  They are from Wholesale Warranties, and Good Sams.  Wholesale Warranties is the cheapest.  Just wanting to know if anyone has had good experience with these two company's or suggest another company.

Jerry   

#7 grocedm

grocedm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

I too am looking for an extended warranty plan.  I've attended a FMCA seminar in Perry, GA this year where Wholesale Warranties presented their plan.  I've received a quote from them, but it seems high.  I'm now looking into United States Warranty Corporation's policy, which appears to be written as "inclusive" coverage, rather than "not inclusive or excluding coverage".  I'm dealing with Camping World on repairs to my coach now under my existing policy and am not sure whether or not to pursue Good Sam's coverage.  Any recommendations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users