Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

12 Volt LED TV W/DVD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spudsmeister

spudsmeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Can anyone recommend a brand A/C D/C LED TV w/DVD for my motorhome. I'm looking for a 22"

#2 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

spudsmeister,

Welcome to FMCA!!

The AC/ DC requirement limits the number of suppliers. That removes what I would consider the more highly rated manufactures.

Do you have a reason for the DC capability ? Many of the 22in. LED units will run on small inverters.

you might look into this unit, although its not from a main stream manufacturer.

Axess TV1701-22 22-Inch 1080p Digital HDTV, LED AC / DC TV Full HD with HDMI and USB

Rich.

#3 kaypsmith

kaypsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm with Rich about a small inverter to run just about any brand of small led tv, as they have very low input current needs.
But Camping World has Jensen brand 12 volt in several sizes, and almost any truck stop carries 12 volt TV's. Only problem with most of these is, they are a lot more expensive than just using an inverter. I have a Vizio 24 inch, and a vizio 42 inch that run on one 500 watt inverter with power to spare.
Good luck with your search
Kay

#4 petersr58

petersr58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I travel:With children

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Just saw a 22" Samsung 12 Volt DC @ BJ's. Many different models @ BJ's, Best Buy etc.

#5 TBUTLER

TBUTLER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I would not buy a TV with a DVD player.  If the DVD player quits working are you going to replace the whole unit?  Get a TV and a separate DVD player.

Tom and Louise Butler
2004 Monaco Windsor, Cummins 400 ISL
Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar, Brakemaster, GMC Acadia, BikeE Recumbent Bicycles

After 9 1/2 years full time in our motor home and being Winter Texans we are now living at Sandpipers Resort in Edinburg, Texas. Now we are Summer Chickens!

"The tipi is much better to live in; always clean and warm in winter, cool in summer, easy to move... If the Great Spirit wanted men to live in one place he would have made the world stand still." -- Flying Hawk, South Dakota Oglala Sioux

#6 teddychamp

teddychamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Bought my last 26" LED TV from Walmart and it is 12V. Do not buy from Camping World unless you are willing to pay 4 times as much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users